Drew Doughty Upset With Non-Call

from ich Hammond of LA Kings Insider,

“... Obviously, on that winning goal, I got cross-checked from behind. In a defensive position, there’s not much you can do with a guy cross-checking you from behind. He’s the one who scored the goal, too. In my opinion, it should never have happened, it should never have been a goal…. “

more from Doughty and here is the goal (winning) Doughty is referring discussing…

update 8:43pm, replaced the original video with one of better content…

Filed in: NHL Teams, Los Angeles Kings, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: drew+doughty

Comments

That’s not a cross-check, it’s just a push-off.

Posted by Shane on 03/05/11 at 10:54 PM ET

phillyd's avatar

It’s still interference, Doughty doesn’t have the puck, does he?

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 03/05/11 at 11:20 PM ET

blammo's avatar

I like Doughty but wow. Are we going to call all incidental contact now?

Good goal.

Posted by blammo from Vancouver, BC on 03/06/11 at 12:49 AM ET

This doesn’t get called 98% of the time. Just because it actually resulted in a goal this time doesn’t mean Doughty should go off on the ref like that. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and make the other team pay where it counts: on the scoresheet. I’m no Sedin fan but I can’t really see where Doughty is coming from here.

Posted by Iggy Rules on 03/06/11 at 04:36 AM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

i have to agree with you iggyrules.  THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.  The fact that doughty fell that hard from a sedin push says a lot. How often is there pushing and shoving in a battle in front of the net? sheesh

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 03/06/11 at 08:02 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

It’s the inconsistency, once again.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/06/11 at 11:57 AM ET