Chicago One Step Closer To the Cup

from Rick Telander of the Chicago Sun-Times,

Last season’s run to the conference finals, a 4-games-to-1 elimination by the Red Wings, is cemented in my mind by one image: Detroit lug Johan Franzen taking the mouthguard directly out of the teeth of the frail, underaged Kane and throwing it to the ice.

Oh, it’s early. Way early.

But seven more wins and the Hawks can make all that bad stuff disappear.

more and if you need a refresher on the image mentioned above, watch it below…

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

MoreShoot's avatar

Oh now, mule was just giving that arrogant prick what he needed.  But that’s just me.  And really, if that is the playoff memory that is cemented in your mind, you need to play some more playoff hockey.  Sheesh.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/17/10 at 01:01 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

One of my all-time favorite S.C. playoff moments. And I’ll bet there’s a certain Toronto cab driver that loved it as well. smile

But seven more wins and the Hawks can make all that bad stuff disappear.

Personally, I hope they do it. Then they’ll have something to hold on to when the salary cap decimates their team this summer.

With the cap maxing out at no more than $58M, the Hawks currently have about $54M committed to just 16 players, not counting Niemi. So, enjoy your Cup run, boys. You won’t be seeing another one for quite some time.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/17/10 at 01:11 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

Always worth watching again. Thanks for cheering up my Monday

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/17/10 at 01:43 PM ET

And I’ll bet there’s a certain Toronto cab driver that loved it as well.

Posted by OlderThanChelios on 05/17/10 at 11:11 AM ET

Wasn’t that in Buffalo, OTC?

“Frail.”  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA…!

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/17/10 at 04:07 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Wasn’t that in Buffalo, OTC?

I think you’re right, SYF. But I’ll bet the Toronto cabbies loved it anyway. smile

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/17/10 at 04:27 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

If the Habs/Flyers dont win it all, the next in line for me is Chicago… at least it will establish the Central Division as the strongest/hardest division in the NHL…

Posted by pgoody on 05/17/10 at 04:59 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I don’t know. I think Marian could be asked to hold his water for a few years more, just to strengthen his resolve.

From the west, so much as I care, I think the Sharks are ok.  I like the fact that they are, ya know, ‘old.’

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/17/10 at 05:03 PM ET

Smug mug.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/17/10 at 05:11 PM ET

redxblack's avatar