Afternoon Line

I would look at (Ray) Emery were I Detroit. I am not sold on Howard or Osgood for a playoff run.

-Dwayne Klessel (aka Eklund).

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, NHL Media, Dwayne, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

edillac's avatar

suck it bitch

Posted by edillac from isolation on 11/03/10 at 04:04 PM ET

Ahhhhhhhahahahahahaha!

Uhm…..what?  He’s not joking?

Posted by BuzzFledderjohn on 11/03/10 at 04:04 PM ET

I shit myself laughing.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 11/03/10 at 04:07 PM ET

Ajax19's avatar

Really, Dwayne?  Seriously?  What exactly are you basing this on?  Is it his injury that is the type of injury that after overcoming it you “just want you to walk again”?  The fact that he hasn’t really accomplished much of anything in the NHL since 2007?  The fact that, over his entire career, he has had exactly one good post-season run?

Posted by Ajax19 on 11/03/10 at 04:10 PM ET

This is why Dwayne Klessel makes up rumours in his parent’s basement, and Ken Holland is written four times on the Stanley Cup

Posted by fcjbencard on 11/03/10 at 04:13 PM ET

JesGolbez's avatar

Paul,

Why are you wasting any bandwidth on what The Fraud has to say? Even if it is laughable, it’s not worth giving him clicks or attention.

Posted by JesGolbez from Burnaby, BC on 11/03/10 at 04:14 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

sHOCKINGLY aSTUTE aNALYSIS.

And people pay for that tripe?  I must be in the wrong line of work.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 11/03/10 at 04:15 PM ET

detroitdan1982's avatar

consider the source…unbelievable

Posted by detroitdan1982 from St. John's, NL on 11/03/10 at 04:15 PM ET

Paul's avatar

My thinking is and always will be Jes, people need to know the guy is a fraud.

Some people new to the game actually believe his made up material.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/03/10 at 04:16 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

So Emery has one more year of playoff experience over Howard (and his numbers aren’t anything impressive), and can’t even light a candle next to Osgood’s playoff career…and he’s a better option eh? Jimmy needs a bit more seasoning in April, May, and June, and he’ll get it.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 11/03/10 at 04:17 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 11/03/10 at 04:17 PM ET

Stevis's avatar

I would look into emergency medical care were I Dwayne Kessel.  I’m not sold on the fact that he hasn’t had a stroke.

Posted by Stevis on 11/03/10 at 04:28 PM ET

WingsFaninCO's avatar

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 11/03/10 at 03:17 PM ET

perfect

Posted by WingsFaninCO on 11/03/10 at 04:35 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

I hear Lidstrom’s getting pretty old too.  I’m not convinced he’s going to be a factor in the playoffs after an 82 game season. Oh and Ken Holland’s more lucky than he is smart.  And I don’t believe the Wings really did win 4 cups in the last 14 years.  I think that’s a typo.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 11/03/10 at 04:42 PM ET

Eklund… Enough said !

Posted by Latrappe72 on 11/03/10 at 05:05 PM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

The law of averages says that if Eklund posts everything that pops into his head, he’ll occassionally be right.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 11/03/10 at 05:45 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Yeah, but the hypothesis of below averages say that Eklund is dumb, so he’ll be right less often than a random rumor generator.

I think somebody actually proved that, but I don’t remember where.  It might have been Mirtle or Chen.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/03/10 at 05:50 PM ET

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/03/10 at 04:50 PM ET

I got:
Sedin to Leafs? (e2)
According to my sources within the Vancouver Canucks organization, the Toronto Maple Leafs are willing to part with RW Phil Kessel and a 4th round pick to obtain the services of LW Daniel Sedin. Remember, you heard it here first!

Posted by NathanBC on 11/03/10 at 06:08 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

That is awesome, Nathan

Of course, I got that the Leafs would trade Vesa Toskala and Phil Kessel to Philadelphia for Jeff Carter.

Hey, it’s no worse than anything else Eklund says.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/03/10 at 06:14 PM ET

Nathan's avatar

Yikes.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 11/03/10 at 06:33 PM ET

John W.'s avatar

This 1’s better:

Toskala to Capitals? (e1)
According to my sources within the Toronto Maple Leafs organization, the Washington Capitals are willing to part with RW Alexander Semin, D Mike Green to obtain the services of G Vesa Toskala. Remember, you heard it here first

Posted by John W. from a bubble wrap cocoon on 11/03/10 at 07:37 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Lucic to Wings? (e5)

According to my sources within the Boston Bruins organization, the Detroit Red Wings are willing to part with C Pavel Datsyuk, D Nicklas Lidstrom, a 2nd round pick and C Henrik Zetterberg to obtain the services of LW Milan Lucic. Remember, you heard it here first!

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 11/03/10 at 08:48 PM ET

Baroque's avatar

Posted by Stevis on 11/03/10 at 03:28 PM ET

That is an excellent point. It would certainly explain a lot.

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 11/04/10 at 07:27 AM ET

“Lidstrom to Canucks? (e1)
According to my sources within the Detroit Red Wings organization, the Vancouver Canucks are willing to part with LW Daniel Sedin to obtain the services of D Nicklas Lidstrom. Remember, you heard it here first!”

Pull the trigger, Kenny!

Posted by Garth on 11/04/10 at 10:06 AM ET

“Antropov to Wings? (e2)
According to my sources within the Atlanta Thrashers organization, the Detroit Red Wings are willing to part with C Henrik Zetterberg and a 2nd round pick to obtain the services of C Nik Antropov. Remember, you heard it here first!”

FTW?