Abel to Yzerman

Questions For Your Live Blog

When is anyone outside of Detroit going to recognize the fact that the officiating in this series has cost the Wings the first two games?

One Trick Thid and the Pens are listed at 1900 on OLN.  Wings are listed at 1930.  What game will I get to see if I only have Gary’s closed-circuit tv station?

Updated: Here’s your answer to the VS question.  Conspiracy? No. Just more obvious bias toward Gary’s Baby Boy.

From Jennemy of the Skate in the comments below:

The whole nation will be watching Pittsburgh Vs Montreal and the San Jose /Wings game will be JIP (Joined in Progress).

If you take a look at the versus schedule (Above link) you will see that not a single Penguins game is JIP.

With curiosity, I asked the young lady what drives their viewing schedule and was shocked by her response…..“The NHL tell us which games to air and that all Penguins games are to be shown live.”

Why aren’t I as nervous as I should be, with the Wings down 0-2?  I’ll answer that one: because they’re a better team than the Sharks and because Nabokov has shown me nothing. The only advantage San Jose’s demonstrated has been the two-man variety, and it won them both games.

Who is going to step up tonite?  Nick Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk and Hank Zetterberg.  Because it’s what they do.

What happens now?  Wings win tonite.  What happens Thursday. Wings win then too bitch.

And then?  Well we’ll just see won’t we.

All I really know is this:  1:19 seconds, plus the officials, did the Wings in on Thursday.  The officials, hired and directed by Little Gary Bettman, violated Detroit again on Sunday. Will they pull the same tricks at the Joe? Most likely.  But desperation has always bred success in Detroit so I’m saying they’ll win in spite of another obvious shaft job.  And then they’ll win again in Game 4.  This series goes back to NoCal tied up, and it’s not because of Jebus or providence or puppies or hookers on fire trucks.  It’s because the Wings do well when they’re pissed and that they most definitely must be.

Live blog it.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Down River Dan's avatar

That’s a rhetorical question right? wink

Posted by Down River Dan on 05/04/10 at 06:52 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Does this mean I have to start drinking now?

No prob.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 05/04/10 at 06:54 PM ET

Hey, Chief.  Now the day’s complete.

VooX, the mainline of Jameson’s begins now.  Thanks.

Just the g-ddamn, mutherfuching win with complete conviction, Wings.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 05/04/10 at 06:57 PM ET

Don’t forget: tin foil flash mob at the Joe at 6:45 tonight.  Come ready to dance.  Hats will be provided.

Posted by Kris on 05/04/10 at 06:59 PM ET

Jennemy of the Skate's avatar

Double posted from the last post:

Guess what out of market Wings’ fans. We get the game joined in progress. FUCH Bettman. I just confirmed this on the phone with Versus.

For your viewing pleasure

I just got off the phone with a representative from Versus and asked her which game they would be showing tonight in my local market. (I am in North West Ohio, about 120 miles south Detroit but don’t get FSD)

With curiosity, I asked the young lady what drives their viewing schedule and was shocked by her response…..“The NHL tell us which games to air and that all Penguins games are to be shown live”

I am from the Detroit area and work away from home in Ohio. I am almost 300 miles from Pittsburgh but that doesn’t seem to matter. If you live in California and don’t get the local feed and are hoping to watch the game on Versus, you are screwed too and will be watching CINDY FREAKIN CROSBY because Uncle Gary has sooooo much invested in him. Suprise, suprise if they win the cup again

Posted by Jennemy of the Skate from the bar car on the stress train on 05/04/10 at 06:59 PM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 05/04/10 at 07:01 PM ET

And the officiating cost the Devils two games, too, just ask any Devils beat reporter or player or coach or video coordinator or fan. I don’t see them re-playing those games or turning back the clock. The Wings still have 5 games to overcome the bad officiating and get the job done. They still have a chance.

Posted by Shtikl on 05/04/10 at 07:12 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

We have a chance, but none of us will see it that aren’t in Detroit.
Thanks Little Tyke, you c*cksucker. Sumbitch my good day just went south FAST.
All you (yeah you NateA) net savvy feed finders had best be sharing.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/04/10 at 07:15 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Repost from the last thread about Center Ice not showing the Wings game.  I hope I’m not wrong here:

My Center Ice channels say I’ve got the game.  Versus doesn’t have exclusivity rights to any more games in this series.  Center Ice may not compete with the Versus feed (I do remember them blacking out as soon as Versus switched over to a CHI/NAS game in round 1), but they’ll be showing our game as long as the Pens/Habs are on Gary’s Channel.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 05/04/10 at 07:18 PM ET

YYZerman's avatar

Posted by Jennemy of the Skate from putting the b*tches in the box on 05/04/10 at 04:59 PM ET

And the NHL wonders why it’s so hard for them to get a TV contract or for them to get viewers. You can’t get viewers if you’re not showing the effing game. How hard is it to to show two games a night. You don’t see this with any other sport.

Posted by YYZerman from Detroit, Michigan on 05/04/10 at 07:20 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

i hope you’re right j.j.

my schedule says it’s showing the game in my area, so hopefully. my neighbors are missing enough puppies as it is.

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/04/10 at 07:20 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 05/04/10 at 05:18 PM ET

Another repost here:
If I dont get the game, you might have a visitor (waving from across the state line).
I’ve still got a Suckfest from SWE tee shirt for you too.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/04/10 at 07:21 PM ET

Jennemy of the Skate's avatar

J.J. I hope you’re right. The woman at Versus told me it would only be on Versus or FSD. But hopefully Center Ice will have the FSD feed. I’m just so fuching nuclear mad right now.

Posted by Jennemy of the Skate from the bar car on the stress train on 05/04/10 at 07:21 PM ET

I’m in northwest ohio in a hotel. For the first time ever a hotel with versass. But of course no wings game…. hoping the internet is good enough to stream. Any links yet?

GO WINGS!

Posted by josh from not home on 05/04/10 at 07:22 PM ET

Bwahahahaha!!!!  Same ol’ conspiracy theories and crybaby bullshit from Queef.  Tito, get these pansies a box of tissues, already!

Posted by Puckhead from Jersey, you dolts! on 05/04/10 at 07:22 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

We have a chance, but none of us will see it that aren’t in Detroit.
Thanks Little Tyke, you c*cksucker. Sumbitch my good day just went south FAST.
All you (yeah you NateA) net savvy feed finders had best be sharing.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 on 05/04/10 at 05:15 PM ET

Center Ice has the game and I’m praying that it will be The Mick and Ken Show.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 05/04/10 at 07:22 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

they already show rosby-only commercials during intermission and he’s usually the focus of the intermission report even if the pens are not playing.

i have a friend down here who has watched one hockey game in the last 10 years- the gold medal game. and he hates rosby as much as any of us do. after just one game he was saying “damn, is there no one else on the team? get the camera off that guy for 1 second…”

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/04/10 at 07:24 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Posted by Puckhead from Jersey, you dolts! on 05/04/10 at 05:22 PM ET

When are the Devils on versus again?

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/04/10 at 07:27 PM ET

Chris from NOHS's avatar

Dah, no HD that means, at least I’ll have Ken and Mick!!!

Posted by Chris from NOHS from Denver CO on 05/04/10 at 07:29 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Another repost here:
I’ve still got a Suckfest from SWE tee shirt for you too.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 on 05/04/10 at 05:21 PM ET

You’re more than welcome any time for a Wings game.  Added bonus: if Center Ice is blacked out and I have to go with an online feed, my computer is hooked up to my 58” plasma.  It’ll be grainy, but it’ll be big.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 05/04/10 at 07:30 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

hookers on fire trucks

Yeah, but they won’t hurt either.  At least, as long as Happy is keeping them away from the locker room until the Wings get the job done and beat the Zebras and their sharts.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 05/04/10 at 07:30 PM ET

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

I have been able to watch every single game that has been on. Either on center ice, vs. or CSN. The only time my center ice has been blocked out is for Chickenhawk games. Then I just have to watch the CSN feed or whatever it is here in Chicago. I really doubt that it will not be on Center Ice. Not to say your wrong or anything Jen, I just think the woman you were talking to was misinformed.  I fuching hope so anyway.

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 05/04/10 at 07:32 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

My question is if they have Daryl Reaugh as the color guy on Versus and they only end up showing 30 minutes of the game, will he only get paid for 30 minutes?

I hate that guy.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 05/04/10 at 07:34 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

I wonder if having DirectTV vs. Comcast makes a difference for you Center Ice people.

Posted by Osrt on 05/04/10 at 07:36 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

JJ, he even LOOKS like a douchebag

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/04/10 at 07:36 PM ET

I feel sorry for all you Americans when this stuff happens. It’s so easy in Canada: CBC, TSN, or TSN2. If there are game overlaps, both those channels have the games streaming on their sites.

Posted by Nathan from BC on 05/04/10 at 07:36 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Nathan from BC on 05/04/10 at 05:36 PM ET

I’m moving to Canada.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 05/04/10 at 07:37 PM ET

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

I mean all the games, all the teams. I don’t recall not being able to watch any game. And I have watched almost all of the other series except for round one late games.

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 05/04/10 at 07:38 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Center Ice has had the game listed since yesterday. Blackouts do apply.
Thanks Gary. Ass.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 05/04/10 at 07:40 PM ET

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

heading home to start my medication. This shyt better be fuching on. LGRW

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 05/04/10 at 07:40 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

Yeah there was 1 game in the first round that I didn’t get to see on VS, since the Penguins were on at the same time.  So there was 1 game I had to catch on the paysite so far, tonight will be another.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 05/04/10 at 07:41 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Remember the good old days when ESPN covered Hockey?

Thanks again, Gary. Ass.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 05/04/10 at 07:43 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Remember the good old days when ESPN covered Hockey?

how sad is it that we consider those “the good old days?!”

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/04/10 at 07:47 PM ET

Remember the good old days when ESPN covered Hockey?

Remember the bad old days before ESPN when playoffs were only available on Sportschannel?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from La La Land on 05/04/10 at 07:50 PM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

PASS SPORTS YO

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 05/04/10 at 07:52 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

PASS SPORTS YO

LOL

some of the stuff on my Wings DVD set are from PASS.  wow that was a long time ago.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/04/10 at 07:57 PM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

vs.

LGRW!!!

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 05/04/10 at 08:00 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Remember when the CBC wasn’t broke and didn’t get outbid by competing networks and carried EVERY series,  thus making any lack of coverage by U.S. networks irrelevant.  red face

Posted by Down River Dan on 05/04/10 at 08:11 PM ET

Ever wonder from where does the NHL recruit its referees?

I found out where: the Franklin, TN police department.

In the midst of a large scale natural distaster, it is mind boggling that the local PD would waste any time on these kids other than a verbal warning. Handcuffed and arrested? Sheesh.

Oh and it’s a good the litlle brother beat bubba because Bubbas arena is under several feet of water.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from La La Land on 05/04/10 at 08:17 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

thus making any lack of coverage by U.S. networks irrelevant.

Posted by Down River Dan on 05/04/10 at 06:11 PM ET