Abel to Yzerman

Note To Malik: Pack Your Bags

The only digger we’ve ever trusted was Bruce MacLeod and he’s on hiatus from hockey it appears.  John Niyo was showing great promise then the News decided the Wings didn’t deserve him so off to cover the Lions he went.  Helene’s texting her stories in now while Khan(!) only writes what and when Uncle Mike tells him to.  There’s this new guy, Krupa, at the News who seems to be a good fella…but that redolent attitude makes me itch.

Not sure what happened to McCosky, but we know he’s not exactly an A2Y fan. So, screw him.

There’s only one guy left who gets us the Wing news we want and he’s been doing it better and more consistently than any of them.  I’ve politicked for it in the past but the shrivs at MLive never listened.

George Malik needs to be in TC next month. MLive’s not springing for it so I say we do. I’m tired of reading Helene tell me she just got off the phone with Homer who was upset because he forgot his four iron, but it would all be better soon because he won the paper, rock, keychain thing and gets to sit next to Nick the first hour of the trip Up North.  I want Malik in the room and I’m willing to shell out some bucks to make it happen.

This is not H2H.  We’re not setting up a once-in-a-lifetime trip for a fan and George won’t be spooning with Osrt.  This is us making sure this camp is covered the way we want it to be.  By the guy who knows more about this team than any Digger we’ve got.

Let’s send Malik to TC.  If you’re in, go through PayPal and contribute using George’s email: rtxg at yahoo

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

Hell yes I’m in.  We don’t want George at TC—We NEED George at TC.

Damn good idea from a guy who’s skipping the first two H2Hs.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 08/06/10 at 03:17 PM ET

HockeyJoe's avatar

Novel idea there Chief. Can’t get the coverage you demand? Send the guy you want doing the dirty work.

Brilliant.

Posted by HockeyJoe from Upstate New York on 08/06/10 at 03:22 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

He…he…he…
Chief said

redolent

I’m in, even if I have to skip a few take-outs.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 08/06/10 at 03:22 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Andrew I’m considering moving H2H2 to the carrier, on the flight deck, in one of the hottest places on earth, to watch the game via satellite that goes out every 46 seconds.  It’ll be awesome.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 08/06/10 at 03:23 PM ET

Cwix's avatar

I’m in too, Chief. Contribution sent.

Posted by Cwix from Grand Rapids, now Chicago, IL on 08/06/10 at 03:23 PM ET

Animal Drew's avatar

43 bucks…payment owed?  Abso-faux-ing-lutely.

Posted by Animal Drew from A Nightmare on Helm Street on 08/06/10 at 03:25 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

Awesome. All in.

But I don’t quite get it. I sent around emails trying to make this happen earlier. People yelled at me and told me to go change my diapers myself. Then it happens a month later. Confused.

What the fuch ever though. I love George and have been rooting for him as long as I’ve read him; it’ll be fantastic to have his perspective from TC.

Posted by Osrt on 08/06/10 at 03:25 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Malik is without question one of the top two sources for news and updates on the Wings and I couldn’t think of a more deserving fellow.

Alas, I just bought a house in Portland and am broke as hell, so I give my best wishes in lieu of cashish.  Good luck all!

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 08/06/10 at 03:25 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Osrt: I’ll take the blame for that. I’ve got your emails on auto-delete until you can prove to me you’re no longer corresponding with the Pittsburgh livestock sitting next to you at Game 1 in ‘08.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 08/06/10 at 03:30 PM ET

Animal Drew's avatar

Emails?

Of what speakest thou?

Posted by Animal Drew from A Nightmare on Helm Street on 08/06/10 at 03:33 PM ET

VooX's avatar

It would be a travesty for Malik not to be in Traverse City for training camp.

Let’s make it happen, bitches.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 08/06/10 at 03:33 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Hey Chief, Paypal is not working with that ‘rtxg at yahoo’ even when I add the ‘.com’.
I tried (payment for services) and (personal,..gift).

We need better directions…

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 08/06/10 at 03:34 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

Posted by IwoCPO

She nibbled on the grass and milked the bull. Tyler caught it with a spoon. Check it out on youtube.

Posted by Osrt on 08/06/10 at 03:35 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

I tried (payment for services) and (personal,..gift).

We need better directions…

DAMMIT. Anyone else having issues like that?

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 08/06/10 at 03:40 PM ET

Cwix's avatar

Mine went through fine.

Posted by Cwix from Grand Rapids, now Chicago, IL on 08/06/10 at 03:41 PM ET

chollis's avatar

There’s only one person I’ll dip into the blogger retirement fund for (other than you Chief) and it’s George Malik.

Also, Chief, the Blue Angles are in town this weekend so I’m working on a plan to hitch a ride in the #7 backseat and eject somewhere between San Diego and Hawaii. Send me those GPS coordinates and we can workout some sort of NASA “Apollo” recovery scheme.

Posted by chollis from Seattle. Seriously. on 08/06/10 at 03:42 PM ET

Animal Drew's avatar

DAMMIT. Anyone else having issues like that?
Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 08/06/10 at 01:40 PM ET

Well one of you is dumb.  Either Gramps doesn’t know to switch ‘at’ for ‘@’ or his sarcasm just buzzed the Cheif’s tower.  “I want some butts!”

Posted by Animal Drew from A Nightmare on Helm Street on 08/06/10 at 03:44 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Holy mother of FAUX. I think it’s my sarcasm detector.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 08/06/10 at 03:49 PM ET

Lola's avatar

Done! George warned us on Twitter that he was going to be embarrassed today, but then clarified that it would be “the good kind.” Couldn’t happen to a more deserving, humble guy.

I’m saving my own pennies to head up to TC that weekend, too—with a bunch of fantastic ladies I never would have met if it weren’t for H2H. My contribution was small, but I’ll be sure to buy him a pop if/when we cross paths up there.

Posted by Lola from down by the bay on 08/06/10 at 03:58 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Posted by Osrt on 08/06/10 at 01:25 PM ET

Yeah, Chief WTF…
You failed to mention squashing the G2TC campaign in this thread with:

I’ve deleted the last ten comments or so. Nobody did anything wrong and you guys understand why I did it. I’ll make contact and keep you guys informed.
Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 07/13/10 at 07:08 PM ET

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 08/06/10 at 04:00 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’m in.  And Welcome MikeyMo!

Posted by calquake on 08/06/10 at 04:00 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

It is really sad the lack of quality and quantity of coverage the Wings get in the media ( print & broadcast)  in Detroit.  Whereas the incompetent Lions have an army of reporters at their training camp.

Right now as we speak, there are probably 5 reporters in Allen Park following the Lions draft pick Suh around analyzing what he ate for lunch.

Here is a scoop the Lions will win 3 games and continue to suck

Posted by Down River Dan on 08/06/10 at 04:05 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Posted by Animal Drew

Busted
I figured it was something simple.

Now you all know I am without Adult Supervision.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 08/06/10 at 04:15 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

The last few years in Dallas have been draining and I thought my career was through.

The Red Wings came calling and got me excited to play again.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 08/06/10 at 04:17 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Yeah yeah yeah…where’s the husband and her ti…oh…excuse me.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 08/06/10 at 04:19 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Damn glad to help.  Do us proud, George!

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 08/06/10 at 04:25 PM ET

Lola's avatar

Posted by RWBill from The Tooth Fairy. on 08/06/10 at 02:17 PM ET

Those two contrasting presser photos really are worth two thousand words.

Posted by Lola from down by the bay on 08/06/10 at 04:29 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

“My wife was the biggest supporter in telling me I should play again to show people I could still play, and other reasons.”

1.25 million reasons, I think she meant.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 08/06/10 at 04:35 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by RWBill from The Tooth Fairy. on 08/06/10 at 02:17 PM ET

Those two contrasting presser photos really are worth two thousand words.

Posted by Lola from down by the bay on 08/06/10 at 02:29 PM ET

Like night and day. Mo’s demeanor is quite likeable. On the humble side, which is part of being a Wing.

I thought it was great when Mr.I said “good omen”.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 08/06/10 at 04:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

October 14 in Dallas it is, home opener for the Stars vs. Detroit and #90.
8:30 pm ET.

“It will be pretty neat to play in Dallas at the start of the season,” Modano said. “I’m not sure what to expect. It’s going to be strange, staying in a hotel in Dallas, skating out from the corner, walking past our dressing room. But it should be cool too.”

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 08/06/10 at 04:44 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

If I still had any money left from moving my daughter to the OC I’d consider going to the Big D to watch that game.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 08/06/10 at 04:45 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by Kate from Pa. on 08/06/10 at 02:39 PM ET

Well he’s never been known as a priMadano.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 08/06/10 at 04:49 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

I’m in bitches.

And I like the Modano signing.  Welcome home, bitch.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 08/06/10 at 04:56 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

I can attest to that.  There’s a German girl named Sophia, she’s more real than a NIgerian prince, and they make a lovely couple.  And neither of them bother the livestock, being vegetarians and all.  I can’t say about her hockey allegiance, though, only knowing that she celebrated a German World Cup victory with a sundae topped with kirschsirop.

So stop blockin’ his emails!

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 08/06/10 at 05:19 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Okay, I’m in.  However, it was not the Chief’s irrepressible charm and wit that convinced me.  It was this entry that hit home…

......... as long as you don’t mind staying in Boyne with 8 chicks!

Call him

Lucky George Malik.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 08/06/10 at 05:20 PM ET

GrahamWIIM's avatar

How long do we have to contribute? The wife’s tuition bill came in, so I’m officially tapped out. However, I want to make sure George has some extra money for a few sodas while’s he providing us with top-notch coverage.

Posted by GrahamWIIM from Chicago via Toronto on 08/06/10 at 05:36 PM ET

rrasco's avatar

I’ll be there!  I was going anyways, but this makes it that much better.  Still trying to figure out how to get a red Modano jersey before then.

Posted by rrasco from TEXAS on 08/06/10 at 05:59 PM ET

Animal Drew's avatar

Now you all know I am without Adult Supervision.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd from A. K. A. NostraGrampus on 08/06/10 at 02:15 PM ET

Without supervision and WITH three fingers of Glenlivet, I assume.

Posted by Animal Drew from A Nightmare on Helm Street on 08/06/10 at 06:06 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Still trying to figure out how to get a red Modano jersey before then.

Posted by rrasco on 08/06/10 at 03:59 PM ET

Just buy a white Stars Modano Jersey and spend a bit of time “messin’ with Texas”.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 08/06/10 at 06:08 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Awesome(!)

I’m in and done.

GM, you are the man.

Here’s to G2TC //clink//(!)

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 08/06/10 at 06:31 PM ET

1 2 3 >       Next »