Abel to Yzerman

Night After Night, Day After Day The Live Blogs Went On and On

Seger’s back, and so is our little Russian pal Pavel.  Tomorrow, I’m going to have a recap of our day at the Staples Center.  For now? A little ditty for you.

A Kings fan sitting in front of us gave me an angry glance when I stood up and screamed for Hudler to please frigging skate. Seriously, just make some sort of Pimp effort to stop the shortie we were about to see.  I think, and I can’t be sure, that I screamed like a bitch and I’m positive that the Kings fan looked back at me smugly when that puck slid under Jim Howard’s pads into the back of the net.

And I understood that. I did.  I get these people and I know that when they look around their arenas and see these shock waves of red, it makes them sad.  So, a shorty?  Be happy young man. Be happy.

Later…Misconduct.  Actually, it’s spelled differently.  Wait for it.  I’ll explain.

Same Kings fan, different circumstances.  Wings are up 3-1 and not everyone in our section is quite as happy as they were an hour or so before. But that would change. Because Midwestern girls have a way of changing moods.

I don’t know if it was all slow motion and shit? But she was walking slow.  And when the girl with the significant chest and the Wing t-shirt stopped in front of that King fan?  She turned to make sure that he could read it all, every letter.  Slowly.  “Miss Conduct”...Like the Hollywood sign, only across a different mountain range and one that was definitely NOT made by baby Jesus.

The King fan, surrounded by family, looked back at me. Seriously. He did. He gave me this look that said, “wellll…care to defend THAT?”

I looked at him and said, “What can I say? She’s a Wing fan.  Probably from Bay City.”

Game over.  Conversation over.  Done.

The transplants were absolutely overwhelming last night and I expect nothing less tonite at the stupid Poultry Center.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.  In Southern California where the Michigan girls are plentiful and the high-brow boys don’t have any idea how to deal with them.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Guilherme's avatar

Picture, please.

I won’t be around for tonite and several of the next games (like a month), last round of exams in my last year of college, can’t fuch this up.

Good luck!

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 11/20/11 at 10:16 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Good luck!

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 11/20/11 at 07:16 PM ET

Right back at ‘ya Herm.  Let me guess… pharmacy degree?

Posted by calquake on 11/20/11 at 10:21 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Herm, good luck on exams.

Chief, look forward to reading the recap of your day in LA.  So glad the boys won for you.

And LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!  (Stupid DuhUcks.)

Posted by MsRedWinger from the State where Tigers roam in the Spring on 11/20/11 at 10:25 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 11/20/11 at 07:16 PM ET

Good luck Herm!

LGRW

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 11/20/11 at 10:48 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Looking forwrd to your escape from LA post Chief.. thought for sure id see you hitting the catapultsites and helping out State.. I ws expecting a win on the CV.

Guirherme good luck on your exams

LGRW

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 11/20/11 at 10:49 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I went back and dug this nugget up, Chief, and would kindly like a yea or nay vote on it as sidebar material:

It’s like the trifecta of A2Y worthy: Offensive, funny, and offensive.

Posted by Mannschaft from the darkest recesses on 11/08/11 at 08:51 PM ET

Posted by monkey from Prague on 11/20/11 at 10:57 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Good luck with your exams, Herm.

Let’s Go Red Wings!

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 11/20/11 at 10:57 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

Ding Ding. Winner.

Nothing hotter than a defiant transplant with significant implants.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 11/20/11 at 10:57 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

checking in from the Ponda. Ran in to Surfer Ken and son. Raining here all day but the red and white is out in force.

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 11/20/11 at 10:59 PM ET

calquake's avatar

It’s like the trifecta of A2Y worthy: Offensive, funny, and offensive.

Posted by Mannschaft from the darkest recesses on 11/08/11 at 08:51 PM ET

Posted by monkey from the morel high ground on 11/20/11 at 07:57 PM ET

I’ll second that.

Posted by calquake on 11/20/11 at 10:59 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Who the hell scheduled this game opposite the Simpsons?

Posted by dougie on 11/20/11 at 11:00 PM ET

calquake's avatar

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from the Top O da Hasek waiting for Godot on 11/20/11 at 07:59 PM ET

Rock that joint tonight.  And tell Ken I said hey.

Posted by calquake on 11/20/11 at 11:00 PM ET

Let’s hope Uncle Mike’s message carries on against a last place team that shouldn’t have any ability to beat the Wings.

Posted by SYF from hatrick's "...broken bone bone..." on 11/20/11 at 11:01 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Evenin’ bitches. What kind of team do we want to be tonite?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/20/11 at 11:01 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

but i thought baby jesus made everything?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 11/20/11 at 11:02 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

Herm, just can’t bring myself to wish you luck on your exams. If I knew then what I know now, they’d have had to drag me from college kicking and screaming. Growing up sucks ass.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 11/20/11 at 11:02 PM ET

Wishing the best on your exams, Herm.

Posted by SYF from hatrick's "...broken bone bone..." on 11/20/11 at 11:02 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

the pre game song is being sung.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 11/20/11 at 11:06 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

“What can I say? She’s a Wing fan.  Probably from Bay City.”

Chief, that is pure gold.  God I love road games.

I may have shared this one before, but the first time I ever took my kid to a game in Denver, I told him whenever they start chanting “Red Wings suck” (and they always do), just follow it up with “champagne from the cup”—and make sure you yell it as loud as you possibly can.  Stops ‘em in their tracks.

LGRW!

oh, and evening bitches!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 11/20/11 at 11:10 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Chief Not a Gamewrecker.

More karma.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 11/20/11 at 11:10 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Z is back.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/20/11 at 11:10 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Thats how you break the slump!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 11/20/11 at 11:10 PM ET

And Zata on teh board for the Wings!

1-nil Wings.

Posted by SYF from hatrick's "...broken bone bone..." on 11/20/11 at 11:10 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Essence - - wow

terrible D by the ‘Uck

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 11/20/11 at 11:11 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Pavel yesterday, Hank today!!!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 11/20/11 at 11:11 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

I remember that guy.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 11/20/11 at 11:11 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

GGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

nice

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 11/20/11 at 11:11 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

boy Z needed that.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 11/20/11 at 11:11 PM ET

calquake's avatar

boy Z needed that.

As did we.

Posted by calquake on 11/20/11 at 11:12 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

boy Z needed that.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 11/20/11 at 08:11 PM ET

I think we all did.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 11/20/11 at 11:13 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

shooting gallery - wow

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 11/20/11 at 11:14 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Damn, that pass was just a wee bit to far in front.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/20/11 at 11:14 PM ET

Wings in a flurry and the Schmucks are standing around.

Posted by SYF from hatrick's "...broken bone bone..." on 11/20/11 at 11:14 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Posted by calquake on 11/20/11 at 08:12 PM ET

You’ve been warned before to stay outta my head.  It ain’t safe in there.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 11/20/11 at 11:15 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

01:26 HENRIK ZETTERBERG (4) BACKHAND - ASST: J. HUDLER (6)

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 11/20/11 at 11:15 PM ET

Uncle Mike just said to the bench:  “Full press, Boys.

Posted by SYF from hatrick's "...broken bone bone..." on 11/20/11 at 11:15 PM ET

calquake's avatar

You’ve been warned before to stay outta my head.  It ain’t safe in there.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 11/20/11 at 08:15 PM ET

I wondered why there were cobwebs all around. cheese

Posted by calquake on 11/20/11 at 11:16 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

thought b.smith got an asst on that also

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 11/20/11 at 11:16 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

yup, both happy and smith got asst. updated from the red wings site

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 11/20/11 at 11:18 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

The Ducks have that uninspired look.  No energy at all.  Time to put the boot down.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 11/20/11 at 11:18 PM ET