Abel to Yzerman

Mystery in Detroit…Wings Recall MacDonald

Updated 1229 PST: Teddy Kulfan says, “Jimmy Howard came down with back spasms after this morning’s practice.”

Updated 1221 PST: No official word that specifically says Howard is hurt, but it’s looking that way.  Wings official site (but not the Diggers…STRONG WORK boys/girls) saying Osgood in net tonite.

Whoa….WTF?

@DetroitRedWings  The Red Wings have recalled goaltender Joey MacDonald from Grand Rapids.

Then…

@DetroitRedWings   To make room for MacDonald, the Wings have placed Kris Draper on long-term injured reserve and Brian Rafalski on short-term injured reserve.

More to follow, I’m sure. MacDonald, though?  Interesting.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

Twig's avatar

nervous.

Posted by Twig from Houston, TX on 10/28/10 at 05:19 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Ozzie’s been sleeping eith Uncle Mike’s wife again.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/28/10 at 05:20 PM ET

Nathan's avatar

C’mon, Khan!, get your head outta your ass and give us something.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 10/28/10 at 05:23 PM ET

Cwix's avatar

Good God

Posted by Cwix from Grand Rapids, now Roanoke, VA on 10/28/10 at 05:24 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Where’s Malik when you really need him?

Did Jimmah or Ozzie get hurt in practice yesterday or in the morning warm-up today?

Are they trying to showcase Joey for trade bait?

WTF

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/28/10 at 05:25 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

Son of a cock.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 10/28/10 at 05:27 PM ET

Jeebus…

sick

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 10/28/10 at 05:27 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I’m not on twitter, so correct me if I’m wrong, but did someone spoof the Red Wings twitter account? When I went to the Red Wings twitter page, the two tweets in question are no where to be found.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/28/10 at 05:29 PM ET

Heaton's avatar

Posted by Heaton on 10/28/10 at 05:33 PM ET

Twig's avatar

so back spasms aren’t a big deal, right? right!?

Posted by Twig from Houston, TX on 10/28/10 at 05:33 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Custance tweet,

Jimmy Howard out with back spasms. Told it’s not too serious, Red Wings just being cautious.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/28/10 at 05:33 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Back spasms? Seems like there has to be more to the injury than that given the rosters moves that were necessary to call up Joey.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/28/10 at 05:34 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

We are at DefCon 1.

I’m spending the rest of the evening under my bed.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 10/28/10 at 05:35 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I’m spending the rest of the evening under my bed.
Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 10/28/10 at 03:35 PM

Screw that, I’m heading for the Hasek. Voox, get that bar open and start pouring me a double of Mt. Gay.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/28/10 at 05:36 PM ET

Heaton's avatar

Nah, the Wings just have no cap space and they needed a backup.

Posted by Heaton on 10/28/10 at 05:38 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Panic in Detroit(!!!!!!!)

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 10/28/10 at 05:42 PM ET

calquake's avatar

That is not good news… why do the Hockey Gods hate us so?  Anyways, to lighten the mood a bit, here is a secret meeting between Babs and Hudler.

Posted by calquake on 10/28/10 at 05:42 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I hope Ozzie makes the most of his opportunity. No better way to tie Uncle Mike’s hands than by performing on the ice.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/28/10 at 05:42 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Better to be cautious early than regretful later.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 10/28/10 at 05:48 PM ET

Triple Deke Tyler's avatar

Upon hearing this my balls jumped up into my throat, but then after seeing that it’s not serious they have reverted back to their rightful place in Osrt’s purse.

Posted by Triple Deke Tyler from Lansing on 10/28/10 at 05:58 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I think I just wrote a condom commercial…

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 10/28/10 at 05:58 PM ET

CaptNorris5's avatar

Well here’s hoping this is a temporary precaution so that they don’t have to put in a not 100% Super Jimmah if something happens to Ozzie.

Though, with McDonald… I think I’d rather just have them skate 6 with an empty net.

Posted by CaptNorris5 from The Winged Wheel, stuck in Chicago on 10/28/10 at 06:06 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by calquake on 10/28/10 at 03:42 PM ET

Thanks Quake. Another winner. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/28/10 at 06:07 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

LOL… a greeting from the old country… fantastic

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 10/28/10 at 06:08 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

The Red Wings have recalled goaltender Joey MacDonald from Grand Rapids.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/28/10 at 06:10 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

My prediction of a 5-2 loss earlier today is looking more likely. I’ve had a bad feeling about this one all week. It’s a trap game.

Let me fire up the crystal ball…

Wings outshoot Phoenix something like 45-13. Ilya Bryzgalov plays out of his mind and Osgood lets in a bad goal on his first or second shot of the game. Everyone excuses his effort tomorrow because “he didn’t really have a chance on the other 4.”

Franzen is attacked by a knife-wielding maniac, needs a blood transfusion, and contracts Swedish Gorilla AIDS.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 10/28/10 at 06:11 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 10/28/10 at 04:11 PM ET

These are the kind of games the Wings take for granted as an easy win.

It’s going to be a walk in the park in downtown Detroit, at night, if the guys aren’t razor sharp. They better be fuching ready.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/28/10 at 06:20 PM ET

Triple Deke Tyler's avatar

I am in internet love with you.

Posted by Triple Deke Tyler from Lansing on 10/28/10 at 06:21 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

here is a secret meeting between Babs and Hudler.
Posted by calquake on 10/28/10 at 03:42 PM ET

Another good one, Cal. “It can’t be puppies, fire trucks and hookers all the time.” I love it.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/28/10 at 06:25 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Ozzie come close to a shutout and Wings win 3-1. The only goal coming when Uncle Mike has a brain freeze and actually puts the third line on the ice.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/28/10 at 06:27 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

I am in internet love with you.

Posted by Triple Deke Tyler from Lansing on 10/28/10 at 04:21 PM ET

I want to put my internet in you.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 10/28/10 at 06:28 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 10/28/10 at 04:27 PM ET

And that sh!t had better change in a hurry. I have high expectations for that line.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/28/10 at 06:29 PM ET

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 10/28/10 at 03:36 PM ET

Mainline a couple of Dona Engracia Anejo Tequilas for me.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 10/28/10 at 06:30 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I think you’re missing the point.  MacDonald is called up to play on the 3rd line.

...mandingo and his rust inhibited trap game…. sonofapisswhore..

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/28/10 at 06:31 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

aWESOME111

With this news, I’m no longer taking responsibility for wrecking the game.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/28/10 at 06:31 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by RWBill from boarding The Hasek, defibrillator in hand. on 10/28/10 at 04:31 PM

He will be a definite improvement over Willa.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/28/10 at 06:33 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

I want to put my internet in you.

Girl, I wanna take you to the Cy-Bar.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 10/28/10 at 06:34 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

I want a shot. Bullets, not drinks.

Shit.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 10/28/10 at 06:34 PM ET

HeilThom's avatar

Come the *#$%@& on.

Posted by HeilThom from Hockeytown, USA on 10/28/10 at 06:35 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I want to put my internet in you.
Girl, I wanna take you to the Cy-Bar.
Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 10/28/10 at 04:34 PM

You three need to get a room.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/28/10 at 06:35 PM ET

1 2 >       Next »