Abel to Yzerman

Hey Pinky…We’ve Missed You Big Boy

In case you’d forgotten, this literary genius doesn’t like you.  Not one bit.

image

I’ve got to tell you. Over all these years, tens of thousands of posts, a million PBRs, and countless contentious discussions with bloggers from other towns, writing about teams inferior to ours…laying waste to Hockey Wilderness’ Brian Reynolds was some of the most fun we’ve had.

Let’s take a stroll back to the A2Y archives and pull out a couple highlights.  And remember, this whole ditty started because Big Pinky was downright tearful that the Wild weren’t giving him The Access he damn well deserves.  Like our pal Dater, he wants…no he craves…the chance to “bond” with his heroes.  Pinky believes that bloggers should be right there asking the tough questions, drilling down and drilling deep.  And, don’t forget, Pinky felt it was dirty men like me that kept him from fulfilling his locker room fantasies.

Thank you IwoCPO, and From Abel to Yzerman for ensuring that NHL teams always have plenty of ammunition to use when denying credentials to bloggers who actually have some professionalism. We appreciate it.

You’re welcome Pinky. You were welcome on my birthday in 2009 when you wrote your little manifesto and welcome you remain to this day.

Oh did we blast him that day. We pelted him with juveniliciousness in the post and then you absolutely hammered him that day, and for many, many days after in comments.  Pinky comes up at the oddest times.  He’s the gift that just keeps on giving.  We appreciate you Pinky, you bloated self-righteous mound of a man.  Thank you for all you do every day.

I have no idea whether Big Pinky has his coveted access yet.  I hope he does, because we want him to be happy. Especially since his team, you know, sucks ass.  But Pinky? Don’t forget what you are, son. Don’t ever forget one of our first descriptions of you.

Ned Beatty on a crusade.

You got a real pretty mouth, Pinky. And in case I didn’t tell you three years ago? Nice hat, dipshit.

Now go ahead and suck on this Live Blog.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 17 18 19 20 >       Next »

monkey's avatar

Ladies and gentlemen, Guilxerme from Brazsil!  Don’t forget to tip your servers.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/03/12 at 09:46 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/03/12 at 10:07 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

holy shit, some of you xotherxuckers were raging all night.

Last night may have been the defacto x2H3 webinar LB substitute, what with 6 goals against the xild again.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/03/12 at 01:01 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

The one disturbing thing aboot that LB was constantly seeing that pinky pic.  I’m sure if you look up douchebag that is the picture you would see.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/03/12 at 01:03 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I’m sure if you look up douchebag that is the picture you would see.

No.  Mostly Guidos.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/03/12 at 01:22 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Awesome epic LB last night. The 19 are getting tuned up for a hopefully long playoff run.
Some good news from Okie. Some encouraging stuff from MO. Some discouraging news from Cal
Nothing but the best to all of you. The best fake friends in the world. I raise a cup of Italian roast to the 19.
To Sunday.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/03/12 at 01:28 PM ET

calquake's avatar

No doubt last night’s LB was epic, perhaps the best LB of the season so far.  It was happy, sad, funny, irreverent and mostly juvinilicious.  Congrats to Oakie for his son returning home and MO for father’s battle with disease.  As far as my brother-in-law (I’ve always hated that term in-law) he will recover and find new work and begin again just as we all do and have done.  He’s just lucky he’s a die-hard Red Wing fan like myself otherwise he’d be at the mercy of some homeless guy’s ass crack. cheese

“I don’t often get together with fake friends… but when I do… I always go to A2Y.  Stay juvenilicious my friends.”

Posted by calquake on 03/03/12 at 02:21 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

No.  Mostly Guidos.

Posted by monkey from here to Timbuktu on 03/03/12 at 10:22 AM ET

REMINDER:  All Day Godfather marathon on AMC channel today.

Yo, Goomba,  badda boop badda beep badda boop, says James Caan.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/03/12 at 02:46 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

How did I miss this before the game last night?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/03/12 at 02:57 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

From M-Live:

General manager Ken Holland said Bertuzzi, who left Friday’s 6-0 win over the Minnesota Wild, in the third period, has a sore groin and is day-to-day.

Last night Mick commented during the broadcast exactly when this happened.

Lets Go Red wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/03/12 at 04:32 PM ET

Took a look over at the Pinkys hfboards and got a great chuckle this morning.

“Jimmy Howard is overrated.”
“Joe MacDonald is the better goalie.”

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/03/12 at 04:54 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

That was a great LB bitches.  Voox, if you can get Winter Classic tickets you can count me in.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/03/12 at 05:07 PM ET

Primis's avatar

That was a thing of beauty last night.

I really, for once, have nothing else to say.  That was the way far more games should be against vastly inferior opponents.  it could have been 12-0 and nobody would have said it was undeserved.

Posted by Primis on 03/03/12 at 05:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Grapes just went bananas. He called out Burke aboot trying to get him fired. Pretty much said bring it on.
Of course that was after going on a rant aboot the Leaf’s having American hockey players and none from Ontario. He hates him some Brian Burke. But then who doesn’t?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/03/12 at 11:05 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I’ve posted the interview MacLean did with Burke that Kate mentioned.

Pretty entertaining if you ask me.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/03/12 at 11:13 PM ET