Abel to Yzerman

Hey Pinky…We’ve Missed You Big Boy

In case you’d forgotten, this literary genius doesn’t like you.  Not one bit.

image

I’ve got to tell you. Over all these years, tens of thousands of posts, a million PBRs, and countless contentious discussions with bloggers from other towns, writing about teams inferior to ours…laying waste to Hockey Wilderness’ Brian Reynolds was some of the most fun we’ve had.

Let’s take a stroll back to the A2Y archives and pull out a couple highlights.  And remember, this whole ditty started because Big Pinky was downright tearful that the Wild weren’t giving him The Access he damn well deserves.  Like our pal Dater, he wants…no he craves…the chance to “bond” with his heroes.  Pinky believes that bloggers should be right there asking the tough questions, drilling down and drilling deep.  And, don’t forget, Pinky felt it was dirty men like me that kept him from fulfilling his locker room fantasies.

Thank you IwoCPO, and From Abel to Yzerman for ensuring that NHL teams always have plenty of ammunition to use when denying credentials to bloggers who actually have some professionalism. We appreciate it.

You’re welcome Pinky. You were welcome on my birthday in 2009 when you wrote your little manifesto and welcome you remain to this day.

Oh did we blast him that day. We pelted him with juveniliciousness in the post and then you absolutely hammered him that day, and for many, many days after in comments.  Pinky comes up at the oddest times.  He’s the gift that just keeps on giving.  We appreciate you Pinky, you bloated self-righteous mound of a man.  Thank you for all you do every day.

I have no idea whether Big Pinky has his coveted access yet.  I hope he does, because we want him to be happy. Especially since his team, you know, sucks ass.  But Pinky? Don’t forget what you are, son. Don’t ever forget one of our first descriptions of you.

Ned Beatty on a crusade.

You got a real pretty mouth, Pinky. And in case I didn’t tell you three years ago? Nice hat, dipshit.

Now go ahead and suck on this Live Blog.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›      Next »

RedMenace's avatar

Sure, just ask Nate A or MOWings.  They got a close-up of Summer Breeze in action.

Posted by calquake on 03/02/12 at 08:10 PM ET

So did I—I think I remember you, just wasn’t sure.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 11:10 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

16:04 Brendan Smith (1) Wrist Shot - Assists: D. Cleary (18)

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/02/12 at 11:11 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

I’m just saying this month or so,  Hudler has been very good - both ways.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/02/12 at 11:11 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Midget Pimp getting some head action.  THAT’ S FRINGE BENEFITS BITCHES.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/02/12 at 11:11 PM ET

monkey's avatar

How do you say “Grapes” in Swedish?

Gråpes.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 11:11 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Midget Pimp getting some head action.  THAT’ S FRINGE BENEFITS BITCHES.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/02/12 at 11:12 PM ET

monkey's avatar

How do you say “Grapes” in Swedish?

Gråpes.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 11:12 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Well, at least I’m not the only one.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 11:13 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

They got a close-up of Summer Breeze in actio

Is that why Ms B doesnt show up around here anymore?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/02/12 at 11:13 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I’m just saying this month or so,  Hudler has been very good - both ways.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/02/12 at 08:11 PM ET

Finally, you see the light.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 11:13 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Who set this Foreigner Belt to Double Vision?

Anybody else having trouble posting just now?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/02/12 at 11:13 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I’m just saying this month or so,  Hudler has been very good - both ways.

Dude.  He didn’t start going both ways just this month.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 11:13 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Anybody else having trouble posting just now?

Comment lag.  Emperor must be paying the NHL for database hosting.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 11:14 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

ya i noticed that also, a number of double posts

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/02/12 at 11:14 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Hudler has been very good - both ways.

Had no idea the midget pimp was a swung that way.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/02/12 at 11:14 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I’m just saying this month or so,  Hudler has been very good - both ways.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/02/12 at 08:11 PM ET

I didn’t know that he’s bi.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/02/12 at 11:14 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

He didn’t start going both ways just this month.

Hooker backs are a gateway drug

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/02/12 at 11:15 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Comment lag.  Emperor must be paying the NHL for database hosting.

If the shit was in Denmark comments would show up a minute early.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 11:15 PM ET

calquake's avatar

So did I—I think I remember you, just wasn’t sure.

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 03/02/12 at 08:10 PM ET

Pretty sure we talked at the game.  I was sitting just below Stonehands.

Posted by calquake on 03/02/12 at 11:15 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Wow, Ken just called Mike Eaves Patrick Eaves’ “daddy.”

Not father, not dad, dadDY.

Rofl?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 11:15 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

SOG after one 5-13 Wings.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/02/12 at 11:16 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

and grandpa there, too, for smitty

cool

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/02/12 at 11:16 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Pretty sure we talked at the game.  I was sitting just below Stonehands.

Posted by calquake on 03/02/12 at 08:15 PM ET

We didn’t speak… I was sitting a couple rows above Sully, and right behind George Malik. I’m kinda shy and quiet…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 11:16 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Well, who’s your daddy?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 11:16 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Kevin Weekes.  Professional dumbass.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 11:17 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Is that why Ms B doesnt show up around here anymore?

I thought it was because she didn’t like hanging out with reprobates.  You know… like you and me.

Posted by calquake on 03/02/12 at 11:17 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

How do you say “Grapes” in Swedish?

Gråpes.

Posted by monkey from here to Timbuktu on 03/02/12 at 08:12 PM ET

I laughed out loud, you stupid motherfucher.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/02/12 at 11:19 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Well, at least I’m not the only one.

Posted by monkey from here to Timbuktu on 03/02/12 at 08:13 PM ET

Duuuuuude. I hate to have to break it to ya, but you pretty much are.

Posted by dougie on 03/02/12 at 11:19 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I laughed out loud, you stupid motherfucher.

And now so did I.  Thank you and you’re welcome.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 11:20 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

So is there no H2H this year, or was I just not invited?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 11:21 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Duuuuuude. I hate to have to break it to ya, but you pretty much are.

Pinky and the Brain, Pinky and the Brain…

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 11:21 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I’m kinda shy and quiet…

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 03/02/12 at 08:16 PM ET

And I’m a left handed lesbian sailboat racer.

Posted by dougie on 03/02/12 at 11:21 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

She made us this way. We had to balance out her smart.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/02/12 at 11:21 PM ET

monkey's avatar

So is there no H2H this year, or was I just not invited?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 11:21 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

That was one damn entertaining period.  Not the game so much, but the 19.

Things I learned.

1) Bill would blow Wally the hairdresser, but maybe not Gator, although his daughter would.
2) Pumpkin beer sucks unless it’s filtered through a homeless drunk’s ass.
3) Calquake is the perfect antidote to that not-so-fresh feeling (i.e. when you smell like a homeless drunk’s ass)
4) Hudler goes both ways, and has apparently become really damn good at it.
5) Alcohol is a helluva drug.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/02/12 at 11:21 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

So is there no H2H this year, or was I just not invited?

No dice this year. Lotta busy people.  There was once talk of an impromptu version, but I don’t think that went anywhere and we’re nearly out of games.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/02/12 at 11:22 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Good start by the Wings and the 19. 5 pages at end of 1st. You retards are on a roll. Too bad no hth3 this year. Maybe meet for a parade in June?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/02/12 at 11:23 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

And I’m a left handed lesbian sailboat racer.

Posted by dougie on 03/02/12 at 08:21 PM ET

Well, if I’m around a bunch of people I don’t know, I am…

... you and Jameson don’t count.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 11:23 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Donforgeddastairsbuddy.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 11:25 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Maybe meet for a parade in June?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/02/12 at 08:23 PM ET

That is the plan.