Abel to Yzerman

Fox Sports Detroit to webcast Friday’s Red Wings-Blackhawks game

Take note, fellow Red Wings fans, from Fox Sports Detroit’s Tim Bryant:

Friday’s Red Wings-Blackhawks preseason game from JLA will be webcast live at Foxsportsdetroit.com, along with a live chat with Dana Wakiji.  Audio will be from the Red Wings radio call (Ken Kal, Paul Woods).

The game starts at 7 PM, and you can watch it here at FSD’s web-streaming page, on the Red Wings’ home page, or on the NHL Network.

Saturday’s game in Chicago (8 PM EDT) airs on Comcast SportsNet Chicago, the NHL Network, or for those of us who don’t get NHL Net, most likely Hulu.com or Justin.tv.  Don’t forget that Sunday’s game against the Rangers at 5 PM will air on Fox Sports Detroit, with Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond making their 2010-2011 debuts.

Ohyeahbytheway…the Wings just signed Trevor Parkes to a 3-year, entry-level deal.

George is still recovering from TC, but I’ll be up and about either later tonight or, more likely, tomorrow.  Make sure to vote on The Malik Report’s banner contest as we’re getting closer to the launch of a blog I’m going to unofficially nickname “TMI from TMR.”

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Hippy Dave's avatar

FYI the Wings just issued a date correction on the Rangers game, it’s now Sunday, Sept. 26th.  This was to be FSD’s first broadcast pre-season game.  I haven’t been able to find out if they’re still going to show it or not.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 09/23/10 at 04:01 PM ET

rrasco's avatar

NHLN Fri-Sat and I’m hoping for an online stream of Sunday’s game.  Tomorrow can’t come soon enough.

Posted by rrasco from TEXAS on 09/23/10 at 04:01 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

... maybe I should finish reading the post before I comment.  George you’re way ahead of me buddy.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 09/23/10 at 04:02 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Atta boy, George.

And 3 games in 3 days? with video/TV access? maybe the pen(i)s didn’t get the memo on how that works ...

L.G.R.W.

Is it October yet?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/23/10 at 04:20 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

Thanks, G.M.

My weekend plans are now set.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 09/23/10 at 05:14 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

I think this game will be on the NHL Network as well.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 09/23/10 at 05:27 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Make sure to vote on The Malik Report’s banner contest as we’re getting closer

Screw that, you have had enough input, just pick one and go with it.

We all know what you think of hockey players that can’t make a decision.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 09/23/10 at 05:28 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Anyone knows if their site allows foreign IPs?

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 09/23/10 at 06:43 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I don’t know, Herm, but you should be able to find out early by going to the link now and seeing what comes up.  Hope that helps.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 09/23/10 at 06:50 PM ET

Triple Deke Tyler's avatar

Wow, just like the old days—having to catch up on multiple posts from the same day.  And just like the old days, I will now re-clothe.

Posted by Triple Deke Tyler from Lansing on 09/23/10 at 07:49 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

JJ, it shows just a NHL network screen with some round stuff circling. No idea if it’s my fault.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 09/23/10 at 07:54 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

ONE DAY IN JANUARY

That was awesome write up Bill.
Posted by Osrt on 09/23/10 at 12:59 PM ET

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.  Yes it was if I do say so myself.  It should be front page material for those who don’t appreciate that the Wings really like this guy Bertuzzi for a lot of reasons.  Thanks osrt

Posted by RWBill on 09/23/10 at 07:54 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Screw that, you have had enough input, just pick one and go with it.
Posted by HockeyTownTodd from A. K. A. NostraGrampus on 09/23/10 at 04:28 PM ET

I second that whole heartedly, and tried to say the same thing before.  You pick what represents you inside your own head.  It’s clear from the last two weeks there’s more going on up there than most of us will ever understand, so don’t drag yourself down to our level.  Heck you can change it up every couple of weeks, no law against that, but we should be long out of that decision process by now.

Posted by RWBill on 09/23/10 at 07:57 PM ET

rrasco's avatar

Herm, if you have problems getting it to work due to location issues, try this site, they are really good about having everything on there, if it’s being televised at all that is.

Posted by rrasco from TEXAS on 09/23/10 at 08:05 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

My friend Courtney made this and it might be my favorite:

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 09/23/10 at 09:27 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

“Hey I know you! You’re Kareem Abdul Jabar!”

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/23/10 at 09:31 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

I’d fly with that one GM.  Especially if it’s YOUR favorite.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 09/23/10 at 09:33 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

Yea George, do your thing. (especially when it’s from a friend-girl)

Watching the Tor/Phi game on NHLN and it’s fuching shit. Terrible hockey. Tor blows. Their powerplay looked worse than pond hockey. Their best players are Versteeg and Beaucheman. I don’t see Lebda or Phaneuf though, so they have that going for….bwahahhaaa….

The one smart thing they do though: All players have to wear plastic skate guards. Would’ve saved Hudler’s foot. The PK unit should be required at least.

“Leafs TV” segment called “Smell the Sweat.” Supposed to be a “sounds of the game” kinda thing, except the guitar soundtrack is as loud as any of the rink sounds. Never expect anything less than the worst with this organization. From top to bottom.

Posted by Osrt on 09/23/10 at 09:48 PM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

Ugh, lil gary gets the pens-caps in HBO’s 24/7 for a month before the winter classic, barf barf barf

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 09/23/10 at 09:56 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Yep. Got my vote, GM:

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 09/23/10 at 08:27 PM ET

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/23/10 at 09:58 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Looks good, George! Short of adding boobies somehow, I don’t think it can be improved upon.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 09/23/10 at 11:49 PM ET

lilja4ever's avatar

The Curse of the Douche Canoe?

He picks the Red Wings to win this year.

Posted by lilja4ever on 09/24/10 at 06:26 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

What I remember from the NJD series was Fetisov and every Detroit defender getting their butts forechecked into the boards and the Wings unable to clear their own zone much of the time.

The stories of Vernon looking for physical protection from his teammates, Bertuzzi-like, are legendary as are the failures of his teammates to provide it.

Posted by RWBill on 09/24/10 at 09:38 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

“Hey I know you! You’re Kareem Abdul Jabar!”
Posted by mrfluffy from Cincy on 09/23/10 at 08:31 PM ET

“The Hell I am?!  My name is Roger Murdoch, and I’m an airline pilot”

Posted by RWBill on 09/24/10 at 09:45 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

“A nasal spray could cure shyness, a new study suggests.”

Hey calquake, isn’t that what cocaine was for? smile

Posted by RWBill on 09/24/10 at 09:50 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 09/23/10 at 06:54 PM ET

I think the fact you got that far (same thing I got) would suggest it works.  Alpha Tango is always a good backup.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 09/24/10 at 09:51 AM ET

Jennemy of the Skate's avatar

TMI from TMR

Sh*t, that should be the name of the blog! wink It’s perfect. lol.

Posted by Jennemy of the Skate from the bar car on the stress train on 09/24/10 at 11:38 AM ET

hockeychic's avatar

I have school tonight so I will miss the game.  Looking forward to catching Saturday’s game and getting back in the spirit.  Wish me luck staying awake and focused in class until 10:00 p.m.

Let’s go Red Wings!!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 09/24/10 at 01:23 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

I’m just wonked today and need one more day.  Allergies and sniffles.  Sorry, gang.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 09/24/10 at 06:38 PM ET