Kukla's Korner Hockey
Entries with the tag: devils in the details
• Yesterday, the Devils trimmed their roster, sending 15 players to Albany of the AHL and four back to their respective junior teams. No surprises in the cuts made, with the most notable names being forwards Adam Henrique and Darcy Zajac. With Jordan Parise likewise cut from New York Rangers camp, plans for the Parise and Zajac brothers to get a place together in Hoboken: ruined.
• Tom Gulitti discusses the disappointing finish last season from Jamie Langenbrunner. Said Langenbrunner on the media’s theories for his late-season struggles:
“I usually don’t read what goes on, but after the season I read a lot of what was said and I’m not going to comment on what’s the truth and what’s not,” Langenbrunner told me. “It’s probably somewhere in the middle of what’s said. I’m not going to drag that out there. That’s the past. I’m happy about the direction the team is going and looking forward to that.”
Devils in the Details is a daily round-up of links to all things Devils-related throughout the season.
• Tom Gulitti discusses the flexibility tryouts Marcus Nilsson and Adam Mair would give the Devils should they need to deal a forward to get under the salary cap.
• More on Mair from John Fischer at In Lou We Trust, who takes an in-depth, by-the-numbers look at the gritty Sabres forward. The numbers don’t look good.
• Lou Lamoriello likes the look of his team thus far. Mark Everson agrees and calls the defense the best since Scott Stevens and Scott Niedermayer left.
Devils in the Details will be a daily round-up of links to all things Devils-related throughout the season.
• Ilya Kovalchuk, who arrived in New Jersey last night for the start of training camp, met with the media. Interesting point: Kovalchuk never considered signing with another NHL team after initial contract was rejected by the League. Though the KHL was definitely an option had the same happened to the second deal.