Kukla's Korner Hockey
Entries with the tag: alexander salak
from Kevin Oklobzija of the Democrat and Chronicle,
In the course of winning 19 of 24 games for the Rochester Americans, (Alexander) Salak has found it appropriate to and/or managed to:
- Kiss a cross bar in the waning minutes of a one-goal victory;
- Flip his mask into the air to celebrate Keaton Ellerby’s hat trick in November;
- Mock a goal judge’s errant call by pretending to wash the Plexiglas;
- Drop-kick the puck some 40 feet down the ice during the All-Star Game;
- Enrage fans in Syracuse with an overzealous victory celebration in November, prompting security personnel to usher him out a side door to the waiting team bus;
- Acknowledge the applause of fans at the All-Star Game by waving to them during play.
“You want to put on a show for people,” Salak said.