Datsyuk and Zetterberg played in a charity hockey game and were interviewed by Sport Bladet. Following is again, a very rough translation...
Yesterday met Detroit's bigliest number states in a välgörenhetsmatch in Umeå.
Two players as no actually believed on in draften, but as grown to two of hockey world even bigliest number states. And both wants to stay in Detroit.
- yes, the is my first choice, says the Russian Pavel Datsyuk to Sportbladet.
- I want to back to NHL. Although the goes to serve equally a lot of money in Russia, sows plays I rather in Nord-
Datsyuk wants to have more
Datsyuk served 1,5 millions dollars in Detroit the previous season. More than double so a lot of as Zäta.
- and I want to of course to have more now, says Datsyuk.
How is the situation in the negotiations?
- I cannot claim that we are near in the negotiations, but not neither 10 km apart. So we may see.
What believes you about Zetterberg?
- he is a fantastic player and buddy. Detroit has without doubtly councils to retain us both.
But Zäta has ended up in a tough negotiation situation with Detroit. In order to retain the rights to the Swede each the forced to give him a contract proposal before August 15.
According to all reports each that a shame offer.
- alone goes I not in on some figures, says Zäta.
- of course each I not entirely pleased with that offer I might. Otherwise, I had of course already wrote on.
Zetterberg wants to have more
Zetterberg is an off the victims for the the new salary ceiling in NHL. Detroit have been forced to more or less halve your salary costs from last year.
Lateliest NHL-säsongen 2003/the 04 caused Swede long, far over your salary on 675000 dollars, as placed him in NHL: s bottom swamps lönemässigt.
- the is clear that I want to up in salary and I hopes still that the will loose himself. A lot of acts well also about how the long contract will last, says Zäta.
A normal season, and in a team with more scope up to the salary ceiling's maximum 39 millions dollars, willed a player as Henrik Zetterberg end up around two millions dollars in yearly salary.
- but I understood that the willed become difficult then I saw was the salary ceiling ended up.
- now has Detroit done clearlily with Niklas Kronwall also, sows now is the only I and Pavel left, says Zäta.