Your Stanley Cup Final Pick

Boston or St. Louis?

Boston has home ice advantage.

How did you do in your conference picks?

note: original post was at 10:15am on 5/22/10

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, St. Louis Blues, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Blues in six.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/22/19 at 09:20 AM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Boston in 6,

Unlike the SJS, the B’s don’t have a squad of chokers, the B’s Dman will be able to handle the STL forecheck, and the B’s have the size to battle in the Blues Ozone.  I also think Marchant will drive STL crazy and they’ll get a lot of PP time.  As I’ve said from the 1st round, the Boston Toronto series was precision hockey, no other teams were playing at that level.  STL & SJS was a good series, but not nearly as well played, passes, breakouts, neutral zone resets, and entries are just being executed at a high level right now for Boston, you mix in Rask and Home ice, Boston wins another cup.

2 for 2 Last Round.

Boston easily the best team left, they roll the Canes. Can only ride emotion for so long.

Blues over the SJS
Wings fan in me says SJS to improve the Nyquist return, but the NHL fan in me says I don’t like this Boston squad, never cared for SJS, and the same with the offer sheet Canes.  I think SJS offensive minded dmen and weaker goalie are a factor in this series with STL heavy forcheck.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerGod’s pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 05/09/19 at 01:25 PM ET

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerGod's pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 05/22/19 at 10:00 AM ET

HaHasek's avatar

I’ll say BOS in 6, they win the first 3, STL comes back to win 2, before the Bruins close it. I like both these teams though, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a back and forth 7 game series.

I was one game off from calling both conference finals, so I’m putting a lot of $$ on this prediction wink

Posted by HaHasek on 05/22/19 at 10:05 AM ET

Blues will come out hard pounding Chara and gang making the Bruins take retaliation penalties.

Blues in six maybe even in five.

Posted by Puckbubba on 05/22/19 at 10:08 AM ET

Blues in 6

Posted by Pasha1277 on 05/22/19 at 10:09 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

1 and 1 in the last round.  I’m batting a little under .500 for the playoffs.

Bruins in 6.

I think they’ll walk all over STL due to their experience and relatively restful walk into the playoffs.  Aside from round 1 they made quick work of everyone else, while STL has played more and harder games.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see STL take the first game because they are in more of a “game mode” but BOS will take it from there.

Side note - how is the Toronto, “fire-Babcock!”, media feeling about Boston’s cakewalk to the Final?  At this point it’s looking like that may have been the best matchup all Playoffs and the only team that was giving Boston a run for the money.

Posted by TreKronor on 05/22/19 at 10:17 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I cannot get a good read on this one.

Blues in 6

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 05/22/19 at 10:21 AM ET

duhduhduh's avatar

I thought STL got ridiculously lucky in this series.  Karlsson got hurt, the Hertl and Pavelski, and Jones shit the bed.  It won’t be so easy against Boston.  Not that I won’t root for the Blues (tho the thought of it almost makes me sick), but ...

Boston in 6

Posted by duhduhduh on 05/22/19 at 10:28 AM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Id say Boston in 5 or 6, but the Blues have quite the story this season.  The NHL loves a good story to market.

Posted by Hootinani from the parade following Babs out of town on 05/22/19 at 11:32 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

I think Boston’s going to roll over St. Louis in 5.

But I want St. Louis to win in 7.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 05/22/19 at 11:46 AM ET

Steeb's avatar

Wow, got them both right in the CFs! Even got Blues in 6! I’m now an even 7-7, so can’t sit this one out as much as I have no idea how it will go.

Binnington seems to be getting better, and STL are very healthy for the time of year. Add nearly 2 weeks of rust for Boston, and I can see the Blues stealing one (maybe game 1) in Boston. It’ll be interesting to see how the STL D handle the Bergeron line. Might be what I want to happen and not what my brain tells me, but Blues in 6.

Posted by Steeb on 05/22/19 at 12:58 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

Blues in 7

Posted by w2j2 on 05/22/19 at 02:54 PM ET

I want the Blues to win, that first cup is always a treat…but Boston has this in 6, Rask is on another level and the Bergeron line is insane.

Posted by Iggy_Rules_JR on 05/22/19 at 05:12 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Blues in six.

Suck it, Boston.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 05/22/19 at 05:41 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I’m going with the Blues in 7. It’s been 49 years since they were in the SCF. My Conference finals picks are playing for the Cup. wink

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 05/22/19 at 05:42 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Hard to pick, but I would have to say the Bruins in 5. Nothing against Boston, but would like to see the Blues win their first Cup. confused

Posted by bigfrog on 05/22/19 at 10:17 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I hope it will be Blues in 7 ?  But they probably win it in 5.  smile

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 05/23/19 at 03:14 AM ET

Mr. Fnytelhatt's avatar

Like seemingly most people here I want Boston to die in a ditch. I was so optimistic when the Blue Jackets and the Islanders swept their series, but this playoffs has been absolutely revolting ever since. And now it seems probable that it will end up with Boston winning. Hockey is the worst.

But I’m not one to give in to simple common sense, for which reason I confidently predict that the Blues win this in four straight.

Posted by Mr. Fnytelhatt on 05/23/19 at 03:57 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Y’all know Lil Gary wanted a Brooins v Sharts final. All those muffed calls at key points in each Shart series….coincidence??? Then the Sharts started falling likes snowflakes in May.  Even Chumbo Joes ferocious beard could not save them…..

Now that I got that off my chest, I’ll wish for Blues in 6.

Drop the puck. Let em play!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, I can see Yzerman from here...... on 05/23/19 at 09:06 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

and… a tip of the hat to one of the 19 from way backs when who posted the line…

“Logan Couture is a great name for a BDSM boutique on Market Street in SF”

Used that line many times,I has.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, I can see Yzerman from here...... on 05/23/19 at 09:10 AM ET

coincidence???

If it *wasn’t* a coincidence, then why did it stop happening when the Sharks needed them the most?

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 05/23/19 at 10:58 AM ET

The Meal's avatar

1 for 2 in the Conference finals.  5 for 14 overall!

My pick is BOS in 5.  I’d prefer STL wins, but I’m just not seeing it.

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 05/23/19 at 11:41 AM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Hate both teams and my thoughts at the start of the playoffs was a sweep of the Jackets by the Bolts so I just gave up predicting.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 05/23/19 at 02:11 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Well old sport, when three of your “star” players leave on a stretcher you see that there is a difference between a coincidence and a Fricking Miracle.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, I can see Yzerman from here...... on 05/23/19 at 09:41 PM ET