Your Stanley Cup Conference Finals Picks

Make it quick folks, Eastern Conference Final begins tonight.

Team with home ice advantage listed first.

ECF

Boston Bruins vs. Carolina Hurricanes

WCF

San Jose Sharks vs. St. Louis Blues

How did you do in the 2nd Round?

note- original post time was 7:24am, moving it up so all can see.

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

I will kick it off, Boston in 7 and St. Louis in 6.

This gives us a rematch of the 1970 SCF, prepare for Bobby Orr flying videos and pictures.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/09/19 at 07:29 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Both Eastern Conf picks wrong and both Western Conf picks correct in Rd 2

RD 3

Boston in 6

SJ in 6

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 05/09/19 at 08:09 AM ET

The Meal's avatar

In the second round I had a perfect record.  (And not in the good way.)  4 for 12 so far these playoffs.

Sinch I want to botch both teams, I’m picking SJS and BOS.  6 games for both.  Hopefully this heralds a Stanley Cup finals with teams wearing red and blue, but WTF do I know?

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 05/09/19 at 08:18 AM ET

hockeyfreak13's avatar

CAR in 6

SJS in 7

Carolina winning it all would probably be the most tolerable outcome for me.

Posted by hockeyfreak13 from Grand Rapids on 05/09/19 at 08:29 AM ET

Carolina in 5.
San Jose in 6.

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 05/09/19 at 08:36 AM ET

Picked SJ - Carolina to play for the cup prior to the start of the last round, gotta stay with em

Posted by MZ2215 on 05/09/19 at 09:11 AM ET

Boston in 7
San Jose in 7

Posted by Pasha1277 on 05/09/19 at 09:41 AM ET

Yeesh, 1 for 4 in the last round.  My heart says Carolina in the East but my brain says,

Boston in 6

SJ in 7.

Posted by dwgs on 05/09/19 at 11:32 AM ET

Steeb's avatar

Yeesh, 1-4 last round, 5-8 overall.

BOS in 5 (The dew is off the lily in the Cinderella run in Raleigh)
StL in 6 (This is a tossup, but Sharkie couldn’t seem to bury pucks against an Avs team that was often in disarray)

A 1970 rematch could be fun, but Grapes would be strutting even worse than normal (I kind of like him, even tho he’s a blowhard, but this could be just too much). I have a rooting interest in the Sharks, and F the Bruins, so I wouldn’t mind being completely wrong here.

Posted by Steeb on 05/09/19 at 12:19 PM ET

HaHasek's avatar

I’m always wrong:

Boston in 4
St.Louis in 7

Posted by HaHasek on 05/09/19 at 12:20 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

(1-3 last round, 5-7 overall. Maths is hard pre-caffeine)

Posted by Steeb on 05/09/19 at 12:34 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Another putrid round of selections, maybe this time I’ll pick with my brain not my fan.

Boston easily the best team left, they roll the Canes. Can only ride emotion for so long.

Blues over the SJS

Wings fan in me says SJS to improve the Nyquist return, but the NHL fan in me says I don’t like this Boston squad, never cared for SJS, and the same with the offer sheet Canes.  I think SJS offensive minded dmen and weaker goalie are a factor in this series with STL heavy forcheck.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerGod's pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 05/09/19 at 01:25 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

In spite of my pick, I’d like to see a Boston - StL final, that could be epic.

I can all but guarantee Gary and Co in NY are praying a Carolina - SJ final does not happen

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 05/09/19 at 01:55 PM ET

I knew that things weren’t going my way, but 1-11? Sheesh.

SJS - 6
CAR - 6

Posted by Squarewheels from The Land of Unhealthy Scratching on 05/09/19 at 02:20 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

This season I had the, Worst. Picks. Ever.  So, I’ll go all in and pick Broons in 6. Blues in 6.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 05/09/19 at 04:30 PM ET

Bruins in 7.
Sharks in 7.

Posted by Moose Moss on 05/09/19 at 05:18 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

2 for 2 in the second round…ugh.

Boston in 6
SJ in 7

Posted by TreKronor on 05/09/19 at 05:59 PM ET

SJS in 7.
BOS in 5
But I still root for the bunch for underdog jerks. I like team which is 16 millions below the salary cap and shows things can be done even without it’s gm handing out albatross contracts.

Posted by tutoka from Leelanau Peninsula on 05/09/19 at 06:50 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Less of predictions, and more of who I want to advance.

Sharks in 6
Canes in 6

I’m thinking Boston is gonna advance, but the only hits I wanna see is them hitting the golf course.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 05/09/19 at 07:53 PM ET

Bruins in 5, Canes won’t have enough to keep going.

Sadly, Sharks in 7. I’d love to see them lose but I just don’t see it happening this year.

Posted by Iggy_Rules_JR on 05/09/19 at 08:56 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

The only prediction I’ll make is that if it’s a Bruins vs Sharks Final, I won’t watch a single second of it. They’re both too damn disgusting to waste my time on.

I would, however, watch a video replay of Marcsh!t running into Pavelsh!t at full speed and knocking each other out. That I’d watch about a hundred times.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/10/19 at 12:14 AM ET