Your Picks For The Second Round Of The Stanley Cup Playoffs

But first, how did you do in the first round? (I went 6-2)

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Boston Bruins

Washington Capitals vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Nashville Predators vs. Winnipeg Jets

Vegas Golden Knights vs. San Jose Sharks

higher seeded team is listed first

note- original post was on 4/25/18 at 10:50pm

Caps in 7
Sharkie in 6
Jets in 5

(5-3 in round 1)

Posted by Steve in San Francisco on 04/25/18 at 11:26 PM ET

WingedRider's avatar

Only Jets and VGH, as I did in 1st Rd.  Thinking with my heart with VGH.

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 04/26/18 at 12:21 AM ET

Tampa in 6 over Boston
Pitts in 7 over Washington
Winnipeg in 6 over Nashville
Las Vegas in 5 over San Jose

6-2 for the first round; respectable.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/26/18 at 01:16 AM ET

7-1 for the first round but don’t think i picked the correct # of games for any of them.

Round 2:

Tampa in 6
Washington in 7
Nashville in 7
Vegas in 6

Posted by MZ2215 on 04/26/18 at 07:04 AM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Tampa in 6

Capitals in 7

Nashville in 6

Vegas in 6

(6-2 ifor the first round)

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/26/18 at 08:02 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Went 5-3 in Round One.

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Boston Bruins (TB in 6)

Washington Capitals vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Wash in 7)

Nashville Predators vs. Winnipeg Jets (Nash in 6)

Vegas Golden Knights vs. San Jose Sharks (SJ in 6)

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 04/26/18 at 08:03 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

But first, how did you do in the first round? (I went 6-2)
I went 6-2, also.
... and my 2nd round picks:
Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Boston Bruins - Tampa Bay in 7
Washington Capitals vs. Pittsburgh Penguins - Washington in 7
Nashville Predators vs. Winnipeg Jets - Nashville in 5
Vegas Golden Knights vs. San Jose Sharks - Vegas in 7

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/26/18 at 09:24 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Tampa in 5

Washington in 7

Nashville in 7

Vegas in 7

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/26/18 at 09:27 AM ET

Steve in San Francisco's avatar

Damn, nobody’s in on the Jets but Valek and me! I’m all in on the Jets, not least bkz this is a copycat league and they “did it right” and are awesome now.

Also, I just want to see what Liane does with the Cup.

Posted by Steve in San Francisco on 04/26/18 at 10:12 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I want to see Laine is hurt before picking the Jets to go far

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 04/26/18 at 10:13 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Steve in SF, about a month ago I picked Tampa/Nashville for the SCF, so I can’t change now but thought long and hard about doing it.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/26/18 at 10:15 AM ET

Steve in San Francisco's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/26/18 at 10:15 AM ET

No, you stay with your initial gut! I’ve been all in on Winnipeg since about February.
But that series is going to be epic, if the reg season past is prelude…

Nobody giving Sharkie a chance, either…

Posted by Steve in San Francisco on 04/26/18 at 10:24 AM ET

A-A-ron's avatar

6-2, but with only one series duration picked correctly.

Lightning in 6
Caps in 6
Jets in 7
Sharks in 7

Posted by A-A-ron from The Land of Unhealthy Scratching on 04/26/18 at 10:31 AM ET

I went 6-2 (almost 7-1, had TOR in game 7)

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Boston Bruins (TB in 7)

Washington Capitals vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (PIT in 6)

Nashville Predators vs. Winnipeg Jets (Nashville in 5)

Vegas Golden Knights vs. San Jose Sharks (Vegas in 6)

Posted by Pasha1277 on 04/26/18 at 10:41 AM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Tampa in 5

Washington in 7

Nashville in 7

Vegas in 7

Pretty much who I would pick. smile

Posted by bigfrog on 04/26/18 at 10:47 AM ET

Thag's avatar

Tampa in 7
Washington in 5
Nashville in 6
Vegas in 7

Posted by Thag from DC on 04/26/18 at 11:34 AM ET

The Meal's avatar

I went 5-3 in the first round (got the West right, only BOS correct in the East).

BOS over TBL in 6
PIT over WAS in 5

SJS over VGK in 7
WIN over NSH in 7

Posted by The Meal from Longmont, CO on 04/26/18 at 12:06 PM ET

Jets in 7
Tampa in 6
Vegas in 6
Pens in 5

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 04/26/18 at 12:46 PM ET

First round 6-2… took a flier on the Devils, and the Ducks didn’t fly either.

2nd RD

Jets in 7 (although a bit worried about their injuries)
Sharks in 6
Tampa in 7
Caps in 7, no, Pens in 7… *flips coin* Caps in 7

Posted by Moose Moss on 04/26/18 at 01:33 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Well 6-2 for me in the 1st round.  I had Toronto (which was foolish) and LA (which is still surprising) winning.

Tampa in 7
Pittsburgh in 6
Nashville in 7
Sharks in 7

I’m really curious about Tampa/Boston.  That’s an interesting matchup…could easily go either way.

Posted by TreKronor on 04/26/18 at 01:45 PM ET

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Boston Bruins…Boston in 6

Washington Capitals vs. Pittsburgh Penguins…Washington in 7

Nashville Predators vs. Winnipeg Jets…Nashville in 6

Vegas Golden Knights vs. San Jose Sharks…Vegas in 7

Posted by godblender on 04/26/18 at 02:29 PM ET

Same here, also had Toronto and LA as winners. And I guessed the winner in the correct amount of games in 4 series out of 6 I got the winner right.

This round.