You Are Now At Peace Jim Kelley

Sorry to report long time hockey writer Jim Kelley passed away today after battling pancreatic cancer.

If you are a regular at KK, you know from time to time I would point to stories from Jim.

Out of the clear blue one day, about three years ago, I received an email from Jim, thanking me for spreading the news of the sport we both loved.

We would stay in contact via email and phone calls and I did know Jim was ill and was trying his hardest to win the fight.

Now Jim is free of pain.

Here is Jim’s bio at Sportsnet, written in his own words.

Filed in: NHL Media, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jim+kelley

Comments

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

wow, cant believe he’s really gone.  Had no idea he was battling cancer.  Sad to see him go.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 12/01/10 at 12:03 AM ET

Very sad to hear this. Jim was a wonderful writer.

Posted by The Upper Canadien from Toronto on 12/01/10 at 12:33 AM ET

inferno31's avatar

He published an article on the day he died (likely written earlier but still). A Journalist till he died, sad to see him go.

Posted by inferno31 on 12/01/10 at 06:59 AM ET

Baroque's avatar

I lost one grandmother to pancreatic cancer. It’s a viscous one.

Tremendous writer. He will be missed.

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 12/01/10 at 08:28 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

R.I.P. Jim. Good hockey journalism, what little of it there is, just got poorer.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 12/01/10 at 10:43 AM ET

hockeychic's avatar

OH no!  I had no idea he was ill.  He was a great writer and he will be dearly missed.

I freaking hate cancer.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 12/01/10 at 12:32 PM ET

Moq's avatar

It’s a sad day when one of the good hockey writers dies. Even if I didn’t agree with everything he wrote, the quality of writing and passion for the game was never in dispute.

Posted by Moq from Denmark on 12/01/10 at 06:25 PM ET