You Are The GM

Time for your team to make a move?

Let me know what your team needs to do and remember, you only have until 3:00pm ET today to make this move.

Leave your proposal in the comments, I am sure it will be critiqued by others.

Oh yes, good morning, have you brewed your first pot of coffee?

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

RockWestfall711's avatar

My Kings need 1 more skilled goal scorer and 1 more solid rear guard for depth.  My concern is working the cap as we are up against it.  But in Lombardi I trust and have no doubt he can work it out with a willing partner.  Carter cannot continue to carry the goal scoring on his back alone.

Posted by RockWestfall711 from Las Vegas on 03/05/14 at 08:21 AM ET

With Helm possibly on the shelf again, Wings really need to make a move up front. They now have glaring needs at both ends of the ice. No Zetterberg, no Datsyuk-not the Datsyuk we need, anyway-, no Weiss, and now no Helm. Before the season, I would have thought those would be our 4 Centerman. Never did I imagine all 4 would be out at the same time.

Posted by Jordan Miller on 03/05/14 at 08:30 AM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

I like my team.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 03/05/14 at 08:39 AM ET

Paul, do you know if TSN will be streaming Tradecentre at TSN.ca?

Posted by Jordan Miller on 03/05/14 at 08:55 AM ET

Paul's avatar

JM, yes they will.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/05/14 at 08:56 AM ET

Thanks Paul

Posted by Jordan Miller on 03/05/14 at 08:57 AM ET

Not available for viewing outside of Canada- Ouch.

Posted by Jordan Miller on 03/05/14 at 09:02 AM ET

Paul's avatar

JM, I have posted the live stream here.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/05/14 at 09:09 AM ET

topshelf14's avatar

Ehrhoff for Smith, & 2014 2nd rd pick

Posted by topshelf14 from Detroit, MI on 03/05/14 at 09:32 AM ET

Ehrhoff for Smith, & 2014 2nd rd pick/quote]

Co-sign.

I would also offer Ouellet as an alternative to the pick.

Posted by captaineclectic on 03/05/14 at 10:34 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

There was a little tidbit about Byfuglien possibly being shopped around and if so, and if I were Kenny Holland…

Jurco, possibly a bottom six guy and a pick (not first round) would be offered.

And I’d sure as hell waive Cleary to open up a roster spot.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/05/14 at 11:54 AM ET

By-fug-lien? Hell no. He’s not a defenseman. Not the kind of guy the Wings need, in particular. Absolute liability in his own end. And for god’s sake, not for Tommy Jurco!

Are you crazy?!?!?!?

Posted by VitoLambruski on 03/05/14 at 12:03 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Is he a liability with a stay-at-home defenseman? No he didn’t start as a d-man…but hell…look at his puck-moving capabilities…and that shot…and he’s right-handed. The guy has put up 44 points on the Jets’ blueline. 44 points. Worth a shot for sure.

Look, Jurco can stick-handle in a phone booth, as could Datsyuk. Right now Jurco is doing one or two too many moves…same as Datsyuk used to do when he was young…but what are the guarantees this kid will be half to three quarters the player Datsyuk has been? I’m sorry but the odds are quite small, and in this day and age if you want something you definitely have to give something.

I don’t think Butfugly is as bad as people make him out to be and he’d definitely bring an actual scoring threat to the d-line that only has one threat right now in Kronwall.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/05/14 at 12:09 PM ET

I think a move needs to be made. Smith. Kindl. Lashoff. Almquist. Oulette. Anderson. Abedelkaser. Any of the benched vets (Cleary, Bert, Sam, Eaves, 22) and to be perfectly honest, Jimmy Howard.
The only untouchables are Tatar, Nyq, Jurco, Sheahan, Sproul, Marxhenko, Pavs, Hank, Kron, Ericsson, Mantha, Anathasso. And maybe Franzen. He is a very good bang for the buck.
But as a GM. I call up Jarnkrok for helm. And then I do what I have to in order to get Erhofff and his very reasonable cap hit. That’s step one.
Then I sit down and I make out my lineup for next year including potential trades and free agents. And then I do it.
I might even see where CLB is at with Gaborik.

Hank Pavs Gaborik
Helm Franzen Nyquist
She Tatar Jurco
Miller Glen Abes

Kron Eric
Erhoff Deke
Marchenko Smith.

Howard (Gus)
Mrazek

I would take that team. I would actually like that team and it’s chances.
Upgrading Helm would be an idea also, based on health and production.
Of course there is Weiss. But you know. That’s not working yet.

Posted by Munnster9 on 03/05/14 at 12:35 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I think Gaborik is all but an LA King by now…

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/05/14 at 12:39 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I like my team.
Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where the GM likes his team. on 03/05/14 at 07:39 AM ET

I really like my team.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/05/14 at 12:42 PM ET

@ Fluffy. Then Alfredsson for another year until Mantha is ready