Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 06/23/12 at 04:25 PM ET
Bob McKenzie’s twitter account is on fire and I would expect the vast majority of you do follow him but in case you missed it, here it goes…
• Justin Schultz becomes UFA at midnight Sunday night. Blue-chip D prospect to meet with agent(s) in Toronto on Tuesday. Will field offers Wed
• Teams interested in Rick Nash say asking price remains high and there’s no sense out of CBJ anything is imminent. Likely to be post-July 1.
• PHX D Keith Yandle was most certainly in play for trade, steep asking price, now looks as tho PHX has pulled him back…for now anyway.
• I assumed when PIT made big moves to clear cap space, it was for a run at UFA Parise but it seems UFA Suter is more likely primary target.
• Contrary to rumors, tho, PIT management told me there are no plans to deal for Suter/Parise rights pre-July 1. Will take chances July 1.
• FLA and TOR likely 2 most interested teams in Luongo but believe price is too steep. VAN says things are progressing but seem in no rush.
• Just a hunch, but I would suspect Corey Schneider will sign new deal BEFORE any Luongo deal is done. Schneider negotiations ongoing.
• Negotiations between WPG and Ondrej Pavelec will resume now that draft is over. Getting down to the nitty gritty now. Pavelec has KHL offer.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com