Would NHL In-Game Gambling Interest You Down The Line?

from Andrew Marchand of the New York Post,

Major League Baseball and Barstool Sports have had significant negotiations about having national midweek games on the site’s platforms, The Post has learned.

The discussions are what Barstool founder Dave Portnoy was referring to last week when he mentioned his company has had talks with “major leagues.”

MLB and Barstool potentially could team up to create a new type of broadcast with a focus on in-game gambling.

The talks have started recently, and while they have picked up steam, an agreement is not yet a certainty. One source deemed it “50-50.”

continued

Filed in: NHL Talk, Hockey Related Stories, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

HELL NO!

Posted by evileye on 08/09/21 at 03:12 PM ET

Posted by akwingsfan on 08/09/21 at 03:18 PM ET

HARD NO

Posted by Jdunc from Flint, MI on 08/09/21 at 03:46 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Hell to the NO! I get all the gambling I need running a small business.

Posted by dougie on 08/09/21 at 04:38 PM ET

utahgentile's avatar

I’d rather have a DRE.

Posted by utahgentile from the land of white and delightsome people on 08/09/21 at 04:45 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

If they want that they can start their own feed and channel for gambling but DO NOT try and force feed me that crap.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 08/09/21 at 05:03 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

I will be completely done with the NHL if that happens.

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 08/09/21 at 05:10 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

Gambling is for lucky people and suckers, and I’m neither.

And no, I won’t be going to Barstool’s website ever, for any reason.

Posted by Steeb on 08/09/21 at 05:19 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Not even a little bit.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 08/09/21 at 05:30 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Not in a million years. And that’s something you can bet on.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 08/09/21 at 06:41 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Nope. big surprise

Posted by bigfrog on 08/09/21 at 08:20 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Nope.

The only gambling I’ll do is a few bucks at a blackjack table or horse track every other year. I’ve got other things I’d rather waste money on.

Posted by TreKronor on 08/09/21 at 08:35 PM ET

As someone who is surrounded by corner store video poker machines and mega resort casinos in Las Vegas, well,

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 08/09/21 at 11:42 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Well let’s think about it for a second….

yeah still no.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 08/09/21 at 11:49 PM ET

nyet

Posted by exor54 on 08/10/21 at 05:51 AM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

So many haters. As long as it isn’t part of the main broadcast, I think a separate betting feed with live odds and wagers available would be fun for those that enjoy betting and of course a good revenue stream for the league.

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Denver on 08/10/21 at 08:50 AM ET