Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 06/04/11 at 02:49 PM ET
VANCOUVER (June 4, 2011) – NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman issued the following statement regarding True North Sports & Entertainment’s announcement that it has successfully completed its ‘Drive to 13,000’
“While I had no doubt the ‘Drive to 13,000’ would reach its destination, the remarkable speed at which it got there certifies the fans’ hunger for NHL hockey and their commitment to True North’s initiatives.”
via a media release from True North,
True North Sports & Entertainment is pleased to announce the successful completion of their National Hockey League “Drive to 13,000” Season Ticket campaign.
“We would like to take a special moment to thank all of our fans in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Canada for their support over the past week, in particular, the overwhelming response of our fans which has resulted in a successful ‘Drive to 13,000’ campaign,” said Jim Ludlow, President & CEO, True North Sports & Entertainment. “The success of the campaign is a key ingredient to ensuring the sustainability and long-term viability of NHL hockey in this province. We look forward to seeing everyone this Fall at MTS Centre for opening night of regular season NHL hockey in Winnipeg.”
As a result of the tremendous demand for tickets demonstrated during the “Drive to 13,000” Season Ticket campaign, True North Sports & Entertainment is also pleased to announce they will be starting an official “membership only” based waiting list for tickets. This waiting list will feature several key benefits including:
• Priority access to purchase Stanley Cup playoff ticket packages in advance of the general public, subject to availability.
• Invitation to a select Ticket Holder event during the 2011-12 hockey season.
• 15% discount at the Team Store
• Email notification when tickets are made available through Ticketmaster for sold out games.
Fans can place their names on the official waiting list by visiting http://www.driveto13.com Membe.rship on the waiting list will entail:
• A one-time non-refundable deposit of $50 per seat is required (maximum of four seats) to join the waiting list. This amount is not applied against any future purchase.
• At the beginning of season two, a $100 annual membership fee will be due each season in order to retain membership on the waiting list. All membership fees collected and accumulated annually will be applied to the eventual ticket package as long as the membership is retained. Membership fees are otherwise non-refundable.
• Members will receive priority seat numbers (based on the number of seats they choose) indicating their priority position. Each season, renewed members will receive an updated number as there will be accounts that will have the opportunity to purchase ticket packages and others that do not renew their waiting list membership.
• Position on the waiting list is non-transferable, other than within immediate family.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org