Wings Won’t Know Who Starts In Goal Tomorrow Until Noon

from Ansar Khan of Mlive,

If Conklin is claimed (the team would be responsible for only half the remaining portion of his salary, which is basically nothing at this point of the season), then Jordan Pearce will make his first NHL start.

“I feel like whether you’re a backup or a starter you got to be ready to go,’’ Pearce said. “I prepare the same as I have been all week.

“I’m excited either way. I’m just happy to be up here. I’ll get focused and play the game. We’re kind of desperate for a win right now.’‘

Also, captain Nicklas Lidstrom participated in his first full off-day practice since suffering a deep bone bruise in his ankle on Feb. 25. He has skated two days in a row.

“We’re hopeful he might be ready Saturday (against Carolina),’’ Babcock said. “I’m not certain. If not Saturday, then next week. Big E and Kuba (Jonathan Ericsson and Jakub Kindl) got to be coming eventually.’‘

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

mrfluffy's avatar

A bonus for J-Mac; the MRI revleaed no bulging discs…

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/20/12 at 04:37 PM ET

“I’m excited either way. I’m just happy to be up here.

That makes one of us, kiddo.

Posted by godblender on 03/20/12 at 05:04 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

So, if Conklin does get claimed, who sits in for Pearce? Nobody?

I’m hoping Stuie, he’s been pretty good at saving off the line for most of the season so far.

Also, is there something or someone in the medical/recovery side of things that could be changed? I don’t think there is, I think it’s long slog + old bodies, but still, maybe a new doctor with a magic sponge or a medicine man or a damned snake oil salesman could help us right now.

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 03/20/12 at 05:05 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

Not in for Pearce, but acts as his number 2. (I’m hoping number 2 isn’t also an accurate prediction of the situation.)

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 03/20/12 at 05:06 PM ET

Suddenly I’m hoping for a short post-season for the Ottawa 67’s…

Posted by RyanVM from Philly on 03/20/12 at 05:25 PM ET

edillac's avatar

I was pretty good in goal,
just saying smile ,could use some money

Posted by edillac from isolation on 03/20/12 at 07:51 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I won’t lie, I really could care less at this point.  The season is probably a total loss…

Posted by Primis on 03/20/12 at 11:20 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I bet someone picks up Conklin just for spite. Just the way the cookie is crumbling for us Wing fans.
Still 3 weeks away from the “real ” games to start.  Will the roster be straightened out by then? We will find out soon enough.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/20/12 at 11:34 PM ET