Will Luongo Bounce Back In Game 5?

Luongo faces the media after last night’s loss and anyone know who the media member is who asked the last question on the video?

added 10:36am, If you don’t have the time to watch the full video or want to try to answer my question, watch the video below…

Filed in: NHL Teams, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: roberto+luongo

Comments

That would be Greg Wyshynski on Puck Daddy.

Posted by jkrdevil on 06/09/11 at 12:36 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Really jkrdevil?  Sure doesn’t sound like Greg.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/09/11 at 12:42 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Howard Cosell?

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 06/09/11 at 12:57 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Elliote Friedman?

Posted by Ally on 06/09/11 at 10:56 AM ET

I can say without a doubt it is no Elliotte.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/09/11 at 12:58 PM ET

Leo_Racicot's avatar

Plimpton?

Posted by Leo_Racicot on 06/09/11 at 12:59 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Howard Cosell?

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 06/09/11 at 10:57 AM ET

I believe Howard doesn’t know hockey.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/09/11 at 01:00 PM ET

What’s this?  Roberto Luongo blaming someone else for a bad goal he let in?  That can’t be!!!

Posted by Garth on 06/09/11 at 01:00 PM ET

Sorry - listened to it again. I don’t think it was Friedman… not sure who.

Posted by Ally on 06/09/11 at 01:00 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

To answer the post’s question - I think he CAN, but with Vancouver’s defense struggling in front of him (for a few different reasons), I think it will be much more difficult.

Vigneault will have the line matchups for game 5, so that might help the Sedins look like they’ve suddenly “woken up”.  If I’m a fan of the Canucks, I’d probably worry more about cracking the Tim Thomas code than the headcase goalie.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 06/09/11 at 01:06 PM ET

eternal_fields's avatar

I really loathe Luongo as much as anybody, but that is a bush question to ask in a postgame availability.

I have no idea who it is, but it was clearly amateur hour in the locker room at that point.

Posted by eternal_fields on 06/09/11 at 01:07 PM ET

I think that was Roger Millions, the Rogers Sportsnet Flames beat reporter.

Posted by MB on 06/09/11 at 01:35 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

I heard it was Wyshynski. I believe Pro Hockey Talk’s Joe Yerdon was there and tweeted that Wyshynski asked a “good question” that Luongo chose not to answer.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 06/09/11 at 02:18 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Seems George has it right.

From Wyshynski’s twitter feed:

@kmk1486 My lack of respect or the fans’? Question was totally legit, no disrespect intended. Fans’ reaction to Lou? That’s the debate.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 06/09/11 at 02:23 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Looks like jkrdevil was correct and I need to start listening to Greg more.  It sure didn’t sound like him.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/09/11 at 02:25 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Might’ve been a bit of a ‘bush league’ question, but it’s obvious Lou’s not right upstairs right now.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 06/09/11 at 02:34 PM ET

eternal_fields's avatar

The question was totally ill-legit.

That is not a question for a post-game interview in the locker room. That’s a question for the off day.

He comes off the ice, Stanley Cup Finals, and he gets asked about what is happening in Vancouver? Questions should focus on the game, what just happened, how he’s feeling, what went wrong. Those would all be legitimate questions.

Seriously, I cannot stand Luongo and the Canucks - from their whining GM to the embellishment twins. But questions like this are why many reporters are held in such low regard.

Posted by eternal_fields on 06/09/11 at 02:46 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I hope somebody does try to ask that question again in today’s presser.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 06/09/11 at 02:52 PM ET

eternal_fields's avatar

I hope somebody does try to ask that question again in today’s presser.

Sure, 24 hours removed from the heat of the game and the sting of being removed, it’s a totally legitimate question about how the guy is perceived by his team’s fanbase.

Does it concern you that, last night, 14,000 fans cheered for your removal?

If he’s smart, he would say, “I would’ve cheered for my removal.”

But he won’t say that, and this thing will grow bigger legs, which is great, because I would love nothing more than watching the Canucks absolutely go up in flames. He has proved in the past he is not the most mentally solid guy between the pipes in the NHL.

That said, in the immediate aftermath of the game, it was a bush league question to ask and that dude should be criticized for it.

Posted by eternal_fields on 06/09/11 at 02:58 PM ET

eternal_fields's avatar

Indeed. Check out his eyes while the question is being asked!!

Posted by eternal_fields on 06/09/11 at 03:02 PM ET

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

Legit question. Maybe Lou should just elevate his game.

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 06/09/11 at 04:37 PM ET