Will Lidstrom Follow His Son?

A KK reader sent me an email stating Nick’s oldest son has been accepted into the hockey school of Västerås, Sweden starting this fall.

I am sure we are about to get daily updates on the status of Lidstrom, but my suggestion is to just wait for his answer.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: nick+lidstrom

Comments

CaptNorris5's avatar

Fuch. Fuch my ass with a leather banana.

News hurts worse than the loss. Bear Jesus - bring him back.

Posted by CaptNorris5 from The Winged Wheel, stuck in Chicago on 05/09/10 at 08:58 PM ET

Baroque's avatar

@captNorris5 -

He may leave, OR he may decide that it’s time for his son to start exercising his independence in his home country under the watchful eyes of extended family while he starts growing into an adult. I know even at 16 the last thing I would want would be my parents following me around, despite how much I love them. I was ready to start making some decisions on my own with family support.

If I’m his son, I know what my vote would be - and it wouldn’t be to have the entire family follow me back to hockey school. smile

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 05/09/10 at 10:11 PM ET

on the plus side for wings fans - you’ve only got two years to wait until you can draft the next lidstrom…

Posted by fcjbencard on 05/09/10 at 10:33 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by fcjbencard on 05/09/10 at 08:33 PM ET

You and the rest of the league can keep wishing for that.  Ain’t. Gonna. Happen.  And besides Mr. Ignorant, Lidstrom was drafted in the 3rd round @ #53, no need to wait 2 years.  Our brilliant GM and his side-kicks can and probably will do that this year.  Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget your helmet for the ride home.

Posted by calquake on 05/09/10 at 10:51 PM ET

Posted by calquake on 05/09/10 at 08:51 PM ET

Wow, I read the comment as being a little joke.

You know, the “next Lidstrom”?  Um, and the article being about…Nick Lidstrom’s oldest son…who would be…the, um…

Next.  Lidstrom.

Posted by Garth on 05/09/10 at 11:26 PM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Posted by calquake on 05/09/10 at 08:51 PM ET

Calm down.  Jesus.

Literally…the Red Wings will only have to wait 2 years until you can draft the next Lidstrom.  LITERALLY.

In two years…if he’s good enough…he’ll throw his name into the NHL draft, I would imagine.  Right?  So…if the Wings would be lucky enough to draft him, he’d be the “next” Lidstrom.  LITERALLY.

Literally.

I don’t think it wasn’t a knock at your GM and his side-kicks or your beloved organization.  I think it was a humorous observation.

I certainly thought it was clever.

So…just calm down.

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 05/09/10 at 11:29 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

in all reality, Nick’s kid will probably go higher than his dad did just because of reputation. Everyone would want a crack at the “next” lidstrom.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 05/10/10 at 12:02 AM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

clone Dad.

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/10/10 at 12:04 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

That’s the best idea yet. I’ll take six for my fantasy team.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 05/10/10 at 02:05 AM ET

Mike from Austin's avatar

Poor kid.  It’ll be tough to live up to his old man’s reputation.

And….

Posted by calquake on 05/09/10 at 08:51 PM ET

WTF?

Posted by Mike from Austin on 05/10/10 at 02:07 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

He was playing on Catholic Central’s Junior Varsity team last year.  He’s just an average 16-year-old hockey player.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 05/10/10 at 05:54 AM ET

Baroque's avatar

Good for him. Not that he’s not incredibly talented, but that he’ll have a chance to make a choice about his own future without being pushed into hockey if he doesn’t want to play professionally.

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 05/10/10 at 08:01 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

Whoa Cal, calm down, you totally misread that one!

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 05/10/10 at 11:00 AM ET

UMFan's avatar

clone Dad

How hard would it be to get some skin samples from an autograph session? Maybe someone could “accidently” prick him with a bobby pin and have a blood sample. I’m sure that there is some seedy research assistant somewhere in the world that could help us out the rest of the way.

Posted by UMFan from Denver, Colorado on 05/10/10 at 01:16 PM ET