Wild About Minnesota

Meet our new Minnesota Wild blogger, Joe Hanstad.

Welcome, Joe!
—Alanah

Anytime I need to introduce myself, I wish I could have an entrance much like a professional wrestler - theme music, fireworks, and a ramp I can run down while looking strangely like the Ultimate Warrior. Minus the facepaint.

... scratch that, the facepaint is cool.

Anyways, my name is Joe Hanstad, and I’m very happy you’re here on Kukla’s Korner, checking out the wonderful news, views, and rumors we have to offer. I’m thrilled to be a part of this wonderful slate of new bloggers that are exclusive to KK, and I can only pray I don’t become the weak link in this fantastic group of writers.

I am a fan of the Minnesota Wild. After the North Stars were brutally ripped away from us all those moons ago, I wandered the Great Lakes aimlessly trying to fill the N-shaped hole in my heart. Needless to say, nothing quite worked - baseball is boring, competitive cheerleading gave me vertigo, and I defy you to explain to me what enjoyment can be found in soccer.

But when I learned that Minnesota would be getting a new NHL franchise, I vowed to cheer them on as loudly as anyone, and become as involved as I can with their organization. Writing this blog is the next logical step for what I want to do - excite and inform people about the greatest hockey market in the US.

I hope to use this space to give my two cents on the state of the Wild. I would like to be informative, thoughtful, and funny - at a minimum, you can watch me fail spectacularly at all three of those things! Watch in horror as I attempt to be witty and sophisticated about a team that you can’t pluralize (Wilds?) without butchering the English language!

But seriously, I’m grateful for the opportunity. This is a wonderful website, and I am pleased to be a part of it. Always feel free to shoot me an e-mail at joeahchay@gmail.com (“ahchay” is how you pronounce the letter H in spanish - don’t ask), or follow me on twitter @joeahchay.

Thanks!

Filed in: NHL Teams, Minnesota Wild, Joe Hanstad, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

aw man, can’t hate the Wild.  Hope you actually get to blog about some good stuff this year.  My condolences for Heatley btw…. and the Gooch

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/25/11 at 08:15 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Welcome to KK.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 07/25/11 at 08:49 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Hey, Joe, there are already enough blogs about the Detroit Red Wings. You should just write about the Wild. You know, those guys from the second-greatest hockey market in the U.S.  smile

Anyway, I like your style. I don’t think you have to worry one bit about “failing spectacularly.” Now your team on the other hand…

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 07/25/11 at 09:06 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Welcome to KK, Joe!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 07/25/11 at 09:10 PM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

I wish nothing but misery and hardship on the team that employs Dany Heatley.

Nothing personal.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 07/25/11 at 10:06 PM ET

Welcome to KK, Joe. I look forward to reading your musings here!

Posted by Patrick Hoffman from Fairfield, CT on 07/25/11 at 10:11 PM ET

Welcome aboard fellow Greenhorn!

Posted by Scooter Kelly from Medicine Hat on 07/25/11 at 10:43 PM ET

Welcome to KK, Joe.

Posted by Greg Thomson from Toronto, Ontario on 07/26/11 at 12:10 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Just don’t post pics of you in a dorky hat, tipping a bottle, while wearing a pinky ring and you’ll be off to a better start than some others.

Welcome to the fold.

Posted by Primis on 07/26/11 at 12:43 AM ET

KelseyAnn's avatar

Welcome to the KK family Joe!

Posted by KelseyAnn from we have an NHL team here?, Arizona on 07/26/11 at 01:41 AM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Välkommen till KK, Joe !!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 07/26/11 at 05:35 AM ET

Joe Hanstad's avatar

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I really appreciate it.

Posted by Joe Hanstad from Minnesota on 07/26/11 at 11:10 AM ET