Who Said This?

“That might be the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard in my life.  Dustin Byfuglien as a defenseman.  I would love to play against Dustin Byfuglien as a defenseman.  I would turn him inside out, left, right and center every single time….”

get the answer

Filed in: NHL Teams, Atlanta Thrashers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: dustin+byfuglien

Comments

NHLJeff's avatar

Quite the gem from the same quote:

They already have a GM that doesn’t know the game whatsoever.

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 09/28/10 at 05:18 PM ET

Wayne Gretzky?

*checks*

Oh.  Nevermind, it’s just a loudmouthed *#$%@&…

Posted by Garth on 09/28/10 at 05:44 PM ET

I got it right! My first one!

The polarized opinion part applies to these quotes I believe. Byfuglien prefers defense, and was he a forward for most of the regular season last year? You know, the dissapointing, forgettable, inconsistent one?

Posted by NathanBC on 09/28/10 at 05:49 PM ET

dickshilling's avatar

Wouldn’t you get distracted by that shiny thing on Dusty’s finger, JR?

Posted by dickshilling on 09/28/10 at 05:57 PM ET

From his crying when the Hawks won the Cup to this, I think Roenick has been hit in the head one too many times.  I never heard Rick Dudley did not know what he was doing.  he must have cut Jeremy along the way or something.

Posted by 13 user names on 09/28/10 at 06:51 PM ET

Sorry I meant Craig Ramsey.  Senior Moment. big surprise

Posted by 13 user names on 09/28/10 at 06:54 PM ET

No, you were right in the first place, Rick Dudley—> now that’s a senior moment surprised

Posted by NathanBC on 09/28/10 at 07:43 PM ET

This could be a new weekly feature - #$%@& Jeremy Roenick says.

Posted by mc keeper on 09/28/10 at 08:14 PM ET

This could be a new weekly feature - #$%@& Jeremy Roenick says.

Posted by mc keeper on 09/28/10 at 07:14 PM ET

He needs his wife’s permission first.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 09/28/10 at 08:19 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Quite the gem from the same quote:

They already have a GM that doesn’t know the game whatsoever.

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 09/28/10 at 04:18 PM ET

I’m very late to the party, it seems; however, Roenick was not referring to Rick Dudley.

This all goes back to 2006. Roenick wouldn’t go in-depth about why he doesn’t like the Thrashers (“several” reasons? Ha!), because there is only one reason: Don Waddell himself. Don is the bane of all Atlanta fans. He has been an inept GM since he took that position.

Okay. What meaningful event occurred in 2006? The winter Olympics, of course. Don Waddell was the GM of Team USA. Don Waddell did not select Roenick for the Olympic team that year. Roenick has held such animosity since then, and has apparently seen fit to take his angst out on the team and its fans.

I hope Roenick feels good about himself, knowing that he’s made a complete fool of himself. Byfuglien on defense might not be a good move, and I’ll give him that much, but his failure to keep up with the times regarding the GM change in Atlanta is an egregious error on his part..

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 09/30/10 at 11:47 AM ET