Who Do You Have Tonight?

Toronto Maple Leafs on the road against the Boston Bruins and the Vegas Golden Knights are in San Jose to face the Sharks.

My picks, Boston and Vegas.

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

TreKronor's avatar

Boston because of their experience compared to the Leafs.

Sharks…for the same reason.  Their star players will show up tonight.

Posted by TreKronor on 04/23/19 at 03:39 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

I fear you may be right, Paul, and if I was going to bet, I’d bet those two. But my preference would be the complete opposite. If SJ gets the same goaltending as the last two games, the Sharks have a real good chance. If the Leafs keep playing Nylander (and they will, because I think they’re afraid of his dad for some reason), they’re done.

Posted by Steeb on 04/23/19 at 03:50 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Broons and Vegas. But my picks so far have been, not good.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/23/19 at 03:56 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Boston & The Leafs is such a hard series to call, both have dominated at times.  I will also say the refs have absolutely had the ice titled towards the Leafs, and for the record, I hate Boston more than I hate the Leafs so there’s that. But refs aside, I would say home ice, and veteran toughness wins here, unless Johnny T carries the day.  I’ll take Boston.

Sharks vs. Vegas, is equally tight, normally home team edge goes to SJ, but Joe Thorton isn’t called Chumpo Joe Chokin because he wins, this game comes down to the better netminder, Marc Andre Fleury steals a road game 7 IMO, I’ll take Vegas.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerGod's pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 04/23/19 at 04:07 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

I’m hoping for the Leafs.

Out west it has to be San Jose only because my pre-season pick for the Finals was (San Jose vs. Columbus).....

Posted by Down River Dan on 04/23/19 at 04:38 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

As an aside, I think the winner of Boston and Leafs has the best chance to go and win in the finals health aside.  This series has been fantastic hockey, best of the bunch, fast, physical, skilled, tape to tape passing, stars being stars, both team exploiting small errors, goalies playing great, etc.  I do not see the same level of precision and speed being played in the Western Conf. at all IMO, none compare.

Oshie going down for Wash hurts them, if they win, back to back is hard.

Very hard to tell the real story with the CBJs and Islanders, they dusted their opponents so quickly, do they really have the elite skill to keep the momentum and play going?  Either way, I think the layoff hurts them.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerGod's pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 04/23/19 at 04:52 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Boston played such a bland game the last time they were at home, I hope that was just a game five fluke. So the Bruins win this one, and Vegas wins the 4th series of the 5 they’ve played in their short history.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 04/23/19 at 05:23 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Agreed.

It was fun watching the Isles and BJs steamroll their opponents, but I can see nothing good from their extended time away from the game. In round three, sure, but this early, no.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 04/23/19 at 05:26 PM ET

Mr. Fnytelhatt's avatar

Posted by Steve in San Francisco on 04/23/19 at 03:50 PM ET

I’ll take the Leafs over the Bruins for I, too, am afraid of Nylander’s dad.

In the west, I think SJ over Vegas.

Posted by Mr. Fnytelhatt on 04/23/19 at 06:46 PM ET

The Leafs are the only team I hate more than the Broons, but I think they get this one. And the west, another toss-up… I’ll take Vegas.

Posted by Moose Moss on 04/23/19 at 07:07 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Bruins and Sharks. I feel like both teams worked hard to get to game seven, and have momentum.

Anything’s possible, of course. The SJ-Vegas game is more questionable than Bos-Tor.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 04/23/19 at 08:05 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 04/23/19 at 05:26 PM ET

It was definitely fun watching those two teams sweep their opponents… but I think I took a lot more pleasure in watching the Pens get shut down and sent home in four games. There aren’t many teams I can say I truly hate, but the Pens are one of ‘em.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 04/23/19 at 08:09 PM ET