Where Are The Colorado Avalanche Fans?

Adrain Dater of the Denver Post answers some emails,,,

What will it take for the Avs to sell out Pepsi Center again? I have season tickets, and it's discouraging to see so many empty seats. Patrick Roy is really trying to reach out to the fans, and there doesn't seem to be full buy-in yet from the public.

Nope, it's not there yet. Last Sunday's game against Winnipeg was a pretty big disappointment attendance-wise. When you had seemingly as many fans from Winnipeg in the stands making as much or more noise than for a home team that came in 9-1 is, well, kind of embarrassing.

Avs fans need to put up or shut up eventually. They've cried about not having a winner, and that's why they don't show up. Well, the team is winning again, and they have a legend as the head coach leading the way, and yet they can't make more noise than people from Winnipeg? And, the number of Red Wings fans again in the stands for their game earlier this month was pretty sorry to see too.

I do think there is a lag on these things, and the fans will come back. But time is running short for Avs fans and their excuses for not supporting the team.

more Q & A

Filed in: NHL Teams, Colorado Avalanche, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

igrover's avatar

Where are the fans?  What a joke.  Denver is a football town, always has been, always will be.

Posted by igrover on 11/01/13 at 09:10 AM ET

Mandingo's avatar

I could probably take more pleasure in this if the Joe wasn’t half empty most nights as well.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 11/01/13 at 09:12 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Or the team didn’t play like #$%^ every other game on average.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 11/01/13 at 09:36 AM ET

dougie's avatar

I just spent a week in the Denver area, logged over 600 miles on a rental car. Visited Colorado Springs, Littleton, Aurora, Downtown, airport, and several other areas.

I saw exactly ONE Avalanche bumper sticker, out of the tens of thousands of cars I saw. ONE.

I actually saw several cars with Red Wings stickers/plates, which I found amusing.

Posted by dougie on 11/01/13 at 09:56 AM ET

SnLO's avatar

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 11/01/13 at 09:12 AM ET

Though empty, most of those seats are at least sold, or so I understand. But your point is well taken, and if I could afford it, I would attend more games.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 11/01/13 at 10:28 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

The ticket prices are just too damn high!

I’m going to see the Griffins tonight, where the priciest tickets (in Cleveland) are $68. For AHL. Meanwhile tickets in Miami are as cheap as $7 for season tickets.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 11/01/13 at 10:39 AM ET