What’s Your Opinion On Bob Cole Returning To HNIC?

from Chris Zelkovich of the Toronto Star,

For a guy who comes across as fairly mild-mannered, Bob Cole sure provokes some strong reactions.

After I wrote Friday about CBC Sports head Scott Moore’s praise for the long-time hockey play-by-play announcer and plans to bring him back next year, several readers expressed their belief that praise for Cole was long overdue.

One called his work “magic.”

On the other hand, several wondered if Moore was either deaf, blind or suffering from some cognitive disorder to claim that Cole had “added value” to CBC’s playoff coverage.

continued

If CBC thinks Cole is good enough to return next season, that is fine with me.

Filed in: NHL Media, Hockey Broadcasting, CBC HNIC, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: bob+cole

Comments

Red Winger's avatar

I think Bob Cole is one of the best today.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/09/10 at 09:23 PM ET

Greg's avatar

I love listening to Bob Cole…Millen on the otherhand is horrible, and so is Galley.

I like Scott Moore too, but he reminds me of one of my old Playstation games whenever I hear him calling a game…

Posted by Greg on 05/09/10 at 09:57 PM ET

Greg's avatar

Sorry, meant to write Jim Hughson…

Posted by Greg on 05/09/10 at 09:58 PM ET

Moq's avatar

I have no idea who Bob Cole, and I barely pay attention to any of the announcers, but how can you not love an old competitive curler.

Posted by Moq from Denmark on 05/09/10 at 10:00 PM ET

Still love Bob Cole

Posted by Shane on 05/09/10 at 10:44 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

I thought Cole did a terrible job during the SCF but has been doing a great job this year. CBC announcers know the game and pick up on nuances better than anyone out there. Every kid should have that hockey education growing up.

Posted by Osrt on 05/09/10 at 10:59 PM ET