What’s Doan Doing?

from Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic,

He's made a few public comments on his situation, talking in July when he participated in NHLPA meetings in New York and then in August at an autograph sighing in Ontario. But Doan gave his most candid interview yet on Thursday when he joined Dan Bickley and Mike Jurecki on XTRA 910.

The telling points:

- Doan says a deal between him and the Coyotes is done. All that he's waiting on to put pen to paper is Greg Jamison acquiring the team.

- Doan confirms what's been speculated for awhile now, that Jamison has secured the money to purchase the Coyotes and the money is waiting in escrow.

- The list of teams Doan would consider joining if a deal with the Coyotes can't be worked out is down to two or three clubs.

read on

Filed in: NHL Teams, d, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: shane+doan

Comments

Ajax19's avatar

This Shane Doan saga is almost as scintillating as the whole CBA negotiations saga.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz…...

Posted by Ajax19 on 09/06/12 at 10:56 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Doan: Tool

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 09/06/12 at 11:00 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

The list of teams Doan would consider joining if a deal with the Coyotes can’t be worked out is down to two or three clubs.

And that item was preceded by…

Doan says a deal between him and the Coyotes is done.

Doan was a douchebag before all of this nonsense began. This latest “episode” just solidifies that belief.

When hockey resumes, I hope the Wings face the Coyotes in the first or second round of the playoffs. And I hope someone like Smith or Kronwall lay him out in Game 1. That would be a fitting end to this saga.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 09/06/12 at 11:36 PM ET

Bosephus's avatar

I blame Doan’s agent and a sloooooow offseason for this never ending saga.  I suppose he should’ have said “I’m going to give PHX every chance I can to re-sign there if ownership can get stabilized..  If I have to relocate my family (Coyotes relocate) I want control of where to.”  Wait.. he kinda did..  Just had a loudmouth agent saying he’s interested in 31 other teams.  .

All that said, I am so sick of this story hahaha.

Posted by Bosephus from Behind enemy lines, Denver, CO on 09/06/12 at 11:47 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

The thing I’m probably most bummed about this whole lockout thing is not getting to see Smith play.  Stoked for this guy to become a fixture on the team, he’ll have an A on his chest before too long and very well might succeed Z as Captain.  I’m calling it.  *#$%@&’ Bettman.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 09/07/12 at 01:31 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

His mouth is strangely wide.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 09/07/12 at 01:40 AM ET

I respect Doan for doing eveything in his power to stay in Phoenix. To support the franchise and team. He was only doing due diligence in checking out other teams. He was very up front about his desire to stay in Phoenix this entire time. Getting butt hurt because he doesn’t fall all over himself for your favorite franchise is ridiculous.

Posted by timbits on 09/07/12 at 09:19 AM ET

Hey, wasn’t it not too long ago that Ken Holland was a lazy fool for not being more aggressive in trying to sign this guy?

Posted by HockeyinHD on 09/07/12 at 09:22 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by HockeyinHD on 09/07/12 at 09:22 AM ET

Not this Fan. Just say no to Doanbag, and be done with it.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!! In’13?

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/07/12 at 12:25 PM ET