What A Job

I am going to speak for most of the Detroit fans who visit KK and thank both IwoCPO of Abel to Yzerman an George Malik of The Malik Report.

Most of you know this was not a typical year for The Chief.  The majority of his blogging was done from his ship, the USS Carl Vinson and it is good to see the crew headed home

I can say without a doubt there in no better “team” blogger on the web these days than Bill and I am looking forward to speaking with him and tell him so in the near future.

On to The Malik Report, where a media type described him as a freak, in a good way.  I don’t know how he does what he does do, but I do know George is very dedicated right down to the last detail.

We still have two KK bloggers directly involved with the Conference Finals.

Alanah of Canucks & Beyond and Jon Jordan of the Beasts of the Southeast will continue to provide you coverage on a daily basis.

Plus, I am not going anywhere.  You will continue to receive the latest from the hockey world from me and the other KK bloggers who are now looking at next year.

Filed in: NHL Media, Hockey Bloggers, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Here, here - and thanks to you Paul for giving the “19” the opportunity to experience the highs of being Red Wing fans.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/13/11 at 11:03 AM ET

Jon Jordan's avatar

Malik is an ANIMAL!!!

He doth not sleep. Of this, I am sure.

JJ

Posted by Jon Jordan from Tampa, FL on 05/13/11 at 11:07 AM ET

SnLO's avatar

Yeoman’s work for sure.

And a thank you to you Paul for being the gracious host that you are.

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 05/13/11 at 11:24 AM ET

Leo_Racicot's avatar

Great work everybody!

Posted by Leo_Racicot on 05/13/11 at 11:26 AM ET

Cheers to all involved.  This site is fantastic.

Posted by deezer on 05/13/11 at 11:27 AM ET

John's avatar

Heck of a job!

Also… The Chief was on the USS Carl Vinson?  The same USS Carl Vinson that buried Osama Bin Laden at sea?  That is awesome…

Posted by John from Pittsburgh, PA (Wings fan for life!) on 05/13/11 at 11:34 AM ET

Paul, this site is the best. I am so glad I mistakenly stumbled upon it a few years ago.

No better site, no better team, no better fans.

Enjoy your summer, 19.

Red Winger from work

Posted by Red Winger (from work) from work, I said on 05/13/11 at 11:35 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks, Paul. George and the Master Chief are simply the best - each in his own unique way. I’m so glad I followed George over here from his previous gig.  Loved being part of the +19 this season and I look forward to many more.

LET’S GO RED WINGS - always!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/13/11 at 11:37 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Sucks to lose in 7th Game after coming back from being down 3-0 ! See ya on the golf course & I REALLY believed Wings were going to win last night

Posted by Evilpens on 05/13/11 at 11:58 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

This place is like a second home for Wingaholics, and, any fan of hockey.

Thank you, Paul, for running the best blog ever, and, for putting up with the 19.

Thanks, Master Chief, for putting it on the line every day. And, of course, for A2Y.

I’ll be following the Yzerbolts now.

Go Lightning!!!!!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/13/11 at 12:01 PM ET

miscotty's avatar

Thank you, guys.

Posted by miscotty on 05/13/11 at 12:02 PM ET

Jennemy of the Skate's avatar

Much red and white love to the Master Chief, Malik and the Emperor for all that you guys do. We would be lost without you. It’s a rough morning for most of us but it’s good to have this place to call home, where everyone understands exactly what you’re feeling at moments like these.

Posted by Jennemy of the Skate from the bar car on the stress train on 05/13/11 at 12:07 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Stick tap to Paul, Master Chief and Malik.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/13/11 at 12:15 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Stick tap to Paul, Master Chief and Malik.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 on 05/13/11 at 10:15 AM ET

I’ll take that pass and do a Homerific redirection in the net.  You guys rock.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where the GM likes his team. on 05/13/11 at 12:23 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Thank you, Malik. I feel like an a$$ for not thanking you the first time around.

And to all the bloggers here at KK. Thank you.

Go Yzerbolts!!!!!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/13/11 at 12:43 PM ET

YzermanZetterberg's avatar

Thanks to the Master Chief and George “The Animal” Malik for the best, most comprehensive Red Wings coverage on the interwebs—and in the world.

Thanks to Alanah, JJ, Tony, Patrick and everyone else who contributes to KK—you all rock, even if your particular teams don’t quite measure up to the magnificence of the Winged Wheel.

Most of all, thanks to Mr. Paul Kukla for making it all happen.

Posted by YzermanZetterberg on 05/13/11 at 12:56 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

I’ll echo all the thanks to the Master Chief, George, and the Emperor.  I don’t think we should forget to thank JeffOKWingnut either, his game day threads are a wonderful addition to A2Y.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/13/11 at 01:15 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Thank you so much for all that you do, Master Chief, George and Paul.  This Red Wings fan is a lot less isolated because of this blog and I can’t think you enough.

Jenenemy - I feel much worse this morning than I did last night.  Ugh.  Rough, rough loss.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 05/13/11 at 01:30 PM ET

Jennemy of the Skate's avatar

I feel much worse this morning than I did last night.  Ugh.  Rough, rough loss.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 05/13/11 at 11:30 AM ET

I’m actually feeling better than I thought I would. Though, I would like to send a hit squad after Hudler today.

Posted by Jennemy of the Skate from the bar car on the stress train on 05/13/11 at 01:41 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Great work everybody!

Posted by Leo_Racicot on 05/13/11 at 09:26 AM ET

Pretty shifty eh?!

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 05/13/11 at 02:16 PM ET

calquake's avatar

There is no better site anywhere for Red Wings fans or hockey fans to go for information, debate, humor and sarcasm.  Thank you Paul, Master Chief, George and Jeff.  You guys make being a fan a most pleasurable experience.

Posted by calquake on 05/13/11 at 02:32 PM ET

Jon Jordan's avatar

It sure is nice to feel so appreciated, both by those that I am now honored to call colleagues and fans of the site alike.

With the Wings falling (in untimely fashion, if you ask me), this does mean I now have legions of new followers rallying for “The Captain” and his Bolts, does it not? (If even temporarily?)

Cheers to all.

JJ

Posted by Jon Jordan from Tampa, FL on 05/13/11 at 02:37 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Nobody does it better.  Nice work all around.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/13/11 at 02:49 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Thanks all of you for all the hard work, your diligent efforts serve to distract me from work nearly every day.

Those Carl Vinson facebook photos are great.

Now on to the barbeque!

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 05/13/11 at 02:59 PM ET

datsyukdanglesyou's avatar

Thank you to EVERYBODY who had amazing posts, coverage, and reporting.  You do so much to entertain, inform, and offer insight into this great franchise.

And damn, how about that Pavel Datsyuk? You could lick a postage stamp and stick it on the end boards, and he’d hit it from the dots.  On the backhand.

Now and forever, LGRW.

Posted by datsyukdanglesyou on 05/13/11 at 04:51 PM ET

Great fooking site, guys. All around awesome job. I feel much worse today than last night…red and white always.

I’ll be rooting for those Bolts, for sure.

Posted by godblender on 05/13/11 at 06:29 PM ET

Zaze's avatar

Awesome job guys.  Does this mean George gets to finally sleep now?

Posted by Zaze on 05/13/11 at 07:42 PM ET