What Does This Tell You?

via CBC,

Team Canada hard at work at this point in time.

Meanwhile, Team USA is...

... taking in a ballgame.

Filed in: Non-NHL Hockey, International Hockey, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: team+canada, team+usa

Comments

It tells me it’s still August

Posted by fantasy hockey fanatic on 08/27/13 at 06:51 PM ET

Chet's avatar

funny, i guess we should just award canada the gold right now then.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 08/27/13 at 08:10 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Do they know there will be ice ??  LOL

Posted by Evilpens on 08/27/13 at 09:02 PM ET

To be honest it looks ridiculous. Playing street hockey to prepare for the olympics? Better be careful someone might turn an ankle with no insurance.

Posted by timbits on 08/27/13 at 09:10 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

The number of butthurt americans on this post…  is TOO DAMN HIGH!

Im too lazy to do a meme,...  lol

And dont shoot the messenger, Im Brazilian, Im as neutral as it can be on olympic/worlds hockey!  =P

Posted by Zqto on 08/27/13 at 10:31 PM ET

The number of butthurt americans on this post…  is TOO DAMN HIGH!

Welcome to the comments section of every single KK post that has ever mentioned Canada.

Posted by Garth on 08/27/13 at 11:38 PM ET

gowings's avatar

I guess I should keep my opinions to myself LOL…

Posted by gowings from MTL on 08/28/13 at 05:26 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

I think this is pretty pointless. None of these teams will truly have time for true practices that are run full-bore. It’s just the nature of the beast allowing NHL players to play in the Olympics. You are choosing superior talent over the cohesion of picking amateurs that can prepare together over the long haul.

I think right now, whether it’s ball hockey or taking in a ballgame, all you can really be after as coaching/management is to try and get a quick and dirty look to see if you have any personality issues. Otherwise, it’s gonna be tough to glean anything real meaningful, IMO.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 08/28/13 at 07:49 AM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

Insurance keeps them off the ice - I suppose the philosphy is that something is better than nothing and keeping it loose/fun will help with the ultimate team building.

Either that, or Canada has a secret plan to push for road hockey in the summer games. That would actually be something of a coup for us.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 08/28/13 at 09:05 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

It’s pretty hard to gleam meaning from this so early, but I’m naturally inclined to think Canada has better coaching than the USA for this tournament anyway.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 08/28/13 at 09:34 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by Garth on 08/28/13 at 12:38 AM ET

right, because everyone wants to read about how hockey in general, and the NHL in particular, is all about Canada

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 08/28/13 at 10:20 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

I was just being funny, Not “Butthurt American”  sick

Posted by Evilpens on 08/28/13 at 10:39 AM ET

shazam88's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 08/28/13 at 11:20 AM ET

I know there’s some irony here…somewhere. Nope, sorry, just can’t put my finger on it today, Red Winger.

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 08/28/13 at 11:10 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Nonskid ice is no longer a dream…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 08/28/13 at 02:47 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 08/28/13 at 12:10 PM ET

Well, you get back to me when you figure it out, k?  smile

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 08/28/13 at 07:01 PM ET