What Do You Think Of Henrik Sedin Playing One Shift Tonight?

added 4/28/13 at 11:22am, Watch Don Cherry speak about Henrik Sedin and the ironman streak.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: henrik+sedin

Comments

redxblack's avatar

I like the idea of Vancouver trying to coast into the playoffs. Let’s hope that attitude lasts.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/27/13 at 10:04 PM ET

igrover's avatar

Pussy.

Posted by igrover on 04/27/13 at 10:07 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

If Sedin played and got hurt in a game that didn’t matter, Vancouver might do something stupid. Who, them?

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/27/13 at 10:09 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Pretty tacky.  Honestly, I expect that out of a VAN I guess.

Posted by Primis on 04/27/13 at 11:05 PM ET

awould's avatar

I don’t think his games streak should end just because of a coach’s tactical decision regarding the team’s place in the standings. I have no problem with it at all.

If I were a Vancouver fan, I’d be more worried about the mentality of the team taking a break like this just before the playoffs start.

Posted by awould on 04/27/13 at 11:28 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

I understand resting him.  However, it sends the team a terrible message, leaves them short handed and is a bit of a slap in the face for fans. All that said, the part of this that makes me shake my head is that his having a games played streak to protect would seem to imply he has a knack for playing hockey games without injuring himself, yes?  You’re telling me that a guy who has played 82 games SEVEN STRAIGHT SEASONS (and two more earlier in his 11 year career) can’t make it through a game intact?

The absurdity of protecting an “iron man” (insert your own Meryl Streep jokes here)  is astounding.  If nothing else let him go out there in power plays and play fourth liner minutes (9-12?) in they manner.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 04/28/13 at 09:36 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Added a video with Don Cherry’s reaction.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/28/13 at 10:26 AM ET