Want Another Parise And A Bit Of Suter Update?

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: ryan+suter, zach+parise

Comments

I wish Parise and Suter well and I don’t care how long they take to make up their minds, but I’m getting tired of the speculation.  Yes, Parise and Suter are apparently acknowledged friends and I’m sure they would like to get the chance to play together, but that doesn’t mean shit.  I’m sure Nick Lidstrom would say he would’ve loved to play with Borje Salming and Wayne Gretzky say he would’ve loved to play with Bobby Orr if they had been asked, and I’m sure that Parise didn’t just offer up that he would love to play with Suter, he was obviously asked.  Who cares?  It doesn’t mean anything.

Posted by Garth on 07/03/12 at 11:33 PM ET

While I agree with that, he admitted to having spoken with Suter several times during the process and they are also reportedly speaking tonight. I think that goes beyond them just saying they would love to play together. They are actually communicating about the process.

Posted by A II R from Los Angeles on 07/03/12 at 11:38 PM ET

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

What are these two married or something?? All this overhypedness is getting a bit tedious. How about they stay away from the Twitter and making statements to the press until they decide.

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 07/03/12 at 11:40 PM ET

It doesn’t look like they made the statements ON twitter, but to media who of course, put it on twitter.

Posted by Bugsy on 07/03/12 at 11:44 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Correct Bugsy.  Rimer host a show on XM, Parise was on it and Russo was listening and updated thru twitter.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/03/12 at 11:47 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Russo is going to scare Suter away with this obsessive crap.

I like it.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 07/04/12 at 12:05 AM ET

Interesting that @TramyersCSN reports Parise’s quote as ““I would love to play on a team with a defesneman like Ryan Suter” rather than “with Ryan Suter”.

Posted by Garth on 07/04/12 at 12:08 AM ET

Pure speculation of course, but I would say Wings are Suters favorite, pit is Parise; and they are both trying to talk each other into it.  Which I can only imagine would end in a Minnesota compromise.  At least that is what was in my nightmare last night.

Posted by Joe from NY on 07/04/12 at 12:28 AM ET

shazam88's avatar

Parise has apparently come down with Miami Heat Syndrome.

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 07/04/12 at 12:30 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Shazam- He’s mad people have said that.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 07/04/12 at 12:33 AM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Michigan income tax rate (just changed) is 4.25%.

Minnesota has 3 different tax rates, the high income tax rate is 7.95%.

3.7% (difference) on 90 mil is $3,330,000.00

just sayin’

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 07/04/12 at 01:23 AM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Oops, scratch that 3.7% difference.

Detroit’s income tax rate is 2.50% for residents and 1.25% for non-residents.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 07/04/12 at 01:41 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I love being right

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/04/12 at 02:44 AM ET

Yep.  LeJon Brames all over the fuch again.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 07/04/12 at 03:51 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by Garth on 07/03/12 at 11:08 PM ET

And I’m guessing this was in response to a question.  He probably didn’t bring it up on his own.  What the hell is he doing on a radio talk show in the middle of all this?

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 07/04/12 at 09:24 AM ET