Voice Of The Fan - What Will Today’s Meeting Bring Us?

Today's owners/players meeting is scheduled for 2:00pm ET in NYC.

So, how do you feel about the meeting?  Will it lead to further discussion or will both sides announce at the conclusion of the meeting that nothing has changed?

My personal opinion is we won't know more until the BOG meeting is completed on Wednesday.

The owners hold in their hands the NHL season and a clearer picture will come out tomorrow but what that picture will be has yet to be decided.

added 8:55am,

Numerous reports stating the NHL has not put a limit on the number of players in attendance today.  So it will be interesting to see how many do attend.

I say any player in New York should attend, but only let a handful or so speak, but that is now a decision the PA must make.

Filed in: NHL Talk, NHLPA, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

I’m an optimist, I pretty sure that nothing will come of this and won’t be disappointed when more of the same is reported on Wednesday.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 12/04/12 at 11:17 AM ET

henrymalredo's avatar

Nothing will happen as not a single owner will speak without Jeremy Jacobs’ permission.

Posted by henrymalredo from Lansing on 12/04/12 at 11:34 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Posted by henrymalredo from Lansing on 12/04/12 at 10:34 AM ET

FTW.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 12/04/12 at 11:55 AM ET

To say I have zero optimism would be an understatement. If anything, I expect this to make things worse.

Posted by Chris M on 12/04/12 at 12:14 PM ET

So long as Jacobs is in the room, ZERO progress.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 12/04/12 at 12:44 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I don’t see both sides announcing nothing has changed, even if nothing directly comes out of the meeting.

If either side comes out of today’s meeting ready to point fingers, then they’re really just going to make themselves look bad. I think the most dour wording possible coming out of the meetings today will be something like “I think both sides understand each other better”, or some other noncommittal nonsense with a slightly positive spin.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 12/04/12 at 12:50 PM ET