Vladimir Tarasenko’s Journey

from Vladimir Tarasenko at The Players' Tribune,

I want to tell you story. But I will get something off my chest first.

I get upset when I can’t score. I want to score … I am supposed to score. This, for me, is my job. In playoffs, I didn’t score enough. I am sorry to St. Louis. I feel like I didn’t do as much as I should. I know we had World Cup in September, new coach, players injured — but are there excuses?

No. Excuses … it’s for loser. And I am not loser. I am winner.

I want us to win more than ever. I will get back to this. But now, story.

It’s about my first game of hockey. Not with St. Louis Blues — my first game of hockey ever.

In the story, it’s 1999. I am seven. We have this tournament, back home in Russia, during school breaks — fall, winter and spring. First one I play in is fall. I am ready.

continued

Filed in: NHL Teams, St. Louis Blues, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: vladimir+tarasenko

Comments

dreamsofhope's avatar

I start playing NHL 99. Eric Lindros, number 88, on front. I play with my friends after our team practice. Always Red Wings.

So you’re telling me there’s a chance?

Posted by dreamsofhope from Colorado on 06/21/17 at 01:27 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

Posted by dreamsofhope from Colorado on 06/21/17 at 01:27 PM ET

Never has there been a more apt username for this comment. wink

Posted by ilovehomers on 06/21/17 at 01:33 PM ET

dreamsofhope's avatar

Never has there been a more apt username for this comment

Hahaha! That is also supposed to read in a Jim Carrey Dumb and Dumber voice…

Posted by dreamsofhope from Colorado on 06/21/17 at 02:04 PM ET

Temo's avatar

So you’re telling me there’s a chance?

Maybe in about 10 years?

Posted by Temo from La Capital, Míchígán on 06/21/17 at 02:12 PM ET

Iggy_Rules's avatar

What a great article! The editor didn’t clean up his English, so you can hear it as if he is speaking. Perhaps they had someone transcribe it. In any case, great read.

Posted by Iggy_Rules from Calgary, Canada on 06/21/17 at 03:25 PM ET