Videos- The Washington Capitals Advance To The Stanley Cup Final

Final score Washington Capitals 4 Tampa Bay Lightning 0

Bottom line, the Lightning lack of scoring cost them and the Captials made their chances count.

Game 1 & 2 of the Stanley Cup Final will be next Monday and Wednesday.  All SCF games with an 8:00pm ET start.

Watch the goals and other game action below.

added 11:08pm, Below, handshakes and Prince of Wales Trophy presentation.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Tampa Bay Lightning, Washington Capitals, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Can’t wait for the SCF!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 05/23/18 at 10:46 PM ET

I think now the time comes when Vegas’ luck runs out. Don’t think they have any chance of really taking out WSH. No way.

Posted by Pasha1277 on 05/24/18 at 08:19 AM ET

Before the playoffs started I had a feeling this could be Washington year because for the first time in like 5 years, nobody talked about them as major contenders for the cup. It was all about Tampa and Pittsburgh and maybe Nashville. Any time the team succeeds, I like to look at their players and when they were drafted. Looking at Washington key guys, they obviously have Ovechkin at #1 overall, but that was like 14 years ago. And Backstrom is #4, but also years ago and he has not been a major contributor in the last 2 series at least. Their key contributors are mostly first rounders, but not early ones. Kuz - #26, T.J.Oshie #24, Carolson #27, Niskanen - 28, Wilson 16 and Holtby - 93.

Posted by VPalmer on 05/24/18 at 10:52 AM ET

I’ve been saying that for months now and Vegas keeps proving me wrong. I’d still put my money on Washington but I don’t for one minute think it’s a sure thing.

Posted by evileye on 05/24/18 at 11:12 AM ET

I’ve been saying that for months now and Vegas keeps proving me wrong

Me too, have been predicting Vegas to lose every series.

Posted by VPalmer on 05/24/18 at 11:43 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 05/23/18 at 10:46 PM ET

Same here, Kate. Many past years I’m pretty much tuned out from the NHL playoffs if the Wings are out, as summer comes roaring in hard, but this year I will watch a lot of these finals.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 05/24/18 at 12:18 PM ET