Videos- Did Pierre-Edouard Bellemare Bite P.K. Subban?

First the evidence for you to view and below, P.K. Subban talks about it post-game.

P.K. Subban on the bite...

via the Tennessean,

Filed in: NHL Teams, Nashville Predators, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: p.k.+subban, pierre-edouard+bellemare, vegas+golden+knights

Comments

Paul's avatar

from the AP at Sportsnet,

Subban said he reached around Bellemare’s head to try to pull him away from Juuse Saros after the Nashville goalie covered the puck, but did not put his finger anywhere near Bellemare’s mouth.

“All I tried to do was grab him,” Subban said. “I grabbed him by the head to pull him up and he bit me, so that’s it. I don’t know what to say.”

“He tried to pull me up, so obviously he’s feeling teeth and he’s acting on it,” Bellemare said. “I don’t know what to tell you, really.”

When asked about Subban’s claims that he bit a finger, Bellemare said: “I mean, if you put your hand all the way in the mouth … and you pull up, you’re going to feel the teeth.”...

Bellemare also appeared to have cuts on his lip.

“What do you want me to say?” Bellemare asked. “Like, I have a half glove in my throat and playing with the back of it and pulling me up. There was no mouth guard when he pulls up. Those are my teeth.”

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/24/19 at 09:49 AM ET

duhduhduh's avatar

Is there some place where I can get that cool technical shirt PK is wearing with his likeness in the brand logo?

Posted by duhduhduh on 01/24/19 at 10:27 AM ET

Subban : “Can you believe it?  I was on top of him, I put my glove in his mouth and tried to rip his head off and he actually bit down on my finger while it was jammed in his mouth.  Shit!  I cannot believe the nerve of this guy.  What if everyone starts biting my fingers when I ram them down their throat?  I will not have any fingers left.”

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 01/24/19 at 11:15 AM ET

duhduhduh's avatar

It’s hard to say for sure, but it looks like Bellemare has already stood up when Subban reacts: i.e., sort of past the leverage point argument that B is trying to make that if you pull with your finger in my mouth you eventually are going to hit a pinch point.  Plus, if it did go down as B says, Subban would probably have felt it earlier and pulled his finger out before it got to a really sore point.  I think Bellemare instinctually bit him and doesn’t want to admit it for obvious reasons.

Posted by duhduhduh on 01/24/19 at 11:21 AM ET

It has nothing to do with admitting anything.  I am going to go by the rule that says if you don’t want your finger bitten, don’t put it in someone’s mouth.  I am certain that B didn’t grab Subban’s finger and place it in his mouth and then chomp down.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 01/24/19 at 11:32 AM ET

HaHasek's avatar

Unless there’s clear video, I don’t believe it. Let people’s reputations and behavior mean something - PK is a great player, but he dives game after game. Why should I believe he’s not embellishing this time?

Posted by HaHasek on 01/24/19 at 12:14 PM ET

duhduhduh's avatar

I think this is probably perfectly accidental on both sides don’t you?  In the process of grabbing a guy, does Subban think to himself: I’ll piss that *#$%@& off, I’ll stick my finger in his mouth, cuz that will really piss him off and nothing bad could possibly happen to me (like my finger getting bit)?

Bellemare, for his part, maybe in the struggle bit down.  That probably happens a lot.  I use to wrestle, and guys on their back would bite me on the chest/arm all the time, because they were struggling their hardest and it just happened.

And I can really see Bellemare not wanting to admit he bit a guy.  It’s considered cowardly.

Posted by duhduhduh on 01/24/19 at 12:15 PM ET