Video- Rick Rypien May Be Facing A Suspension

The Canucks Rick Rypien grabbed a fan after leaving the bench.

added 11:16pm, What happened just prior to the incident?  Rypien was involved in a fight with Brad Staubitz which can be seen below.

I just turned the channel and missed the action, but I think Rypien was being lead to the dressing room when the incident above broke out.

added 11:21pm, The fight video below was from earlier in the game.  You can actually see what happened by watching the second video below…

Filed in: NHL Teams, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: rick+rypien

Comments

Twig's avatar

yeah, he’s in trouble. even if the fan said something about his mom, he’s still in trouble.

Posted by Twig from Houston, TX on 10/20/10 at 12:10 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

I’m shocked the fans were escorted away from their expensive seats. That’s kinda bullsh*t.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 10/20/10 at 12:13 AM ET

rexblack - the guys were escorted to some other expensive seats, away from where Canucks players could reach them, I guess.

Posted by gottabe_KD on 10/20/10 at 12:50 AM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

he was escorted to better seats.  I love rypien but what he did was uncalled for.  You should never touch a fan unless they initiate.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 10/20/10 at 01:09 AM ET

Sullyosis's avatar

What was with Malhotra’s little bitch-jab on Staubitz after the linesmen had moved in?  Not cool.  Very not cool.

Poor ‘Nucks.  Total loss of composure out there.  Probably the only time Minnesota will score 5 goals all season so you’d better get your money’s worth, I guess.

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 10/20/10 at 01:25 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Suspend him (Rypien) for the remainder of the season.  Suspend his coach for a few games as well for failing to control his player.

And I never thought there could be a dumber Rypien than former Redskins QB Mark… you learn something new every day I guess.

Posted by Primis on 10/20/10 at 09:46 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Stay classy boys. Thats a freaking disgrace of epic proportions.
Least Domi had a fan toss a beer on him in the sin bin before he yanked the beer chucker over the glass.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 10/20/10 at 10:03 AM ET

I think it was Rypien who did the bitch jab before the linesman moved in.  But Malhotra looks dumb now for his comments about the fan crossing the line and becoming physical with a player.  The fan was clapping.

Posted by loojay on 10/20/10 at 10:09 AM ET

The fan was obviously assaulting his ears with the sound of clapping.  He should have just worn a lime green body suit and been obnoxious all game. Seems Canucks should be a bit more tolerant considering what they let go on at their stadium

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 10/20/10 at 10:50 AM ET

The commentator is all messed up. Malholtra was not on the ice, that was the 4th line, Glass, Desbiens, and Rypien. Malholtra wears 27, Rypien 37

Rypien checked Staubitz ine response to him dumping Edler. Staubitz turned around and cross checked Rypien in the head twice, I think that is why he got so hot. In addittion, the ref got physical with Rypien. Notice Vigneault pushing the ref off Rypien. I think the ref lost his cool and may get in trouble for it.

Posted by WL Canuck Fan on 10/20/10 at 11:18 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

That’s not what I saw at all WL, I saw the asst coaches pulling rypien away from the ref after Rypien shook of the Refs hand who was escorting him off the ice.  Which by the way is what refs do.

This is all dumbass Rypien.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 10/20/10 at 02:02 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Rypien = The New Tie Domi.

LOL

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 10/21/10 at 11:55 PM ET