Video- Freddy Meyer Faints On The Ice

Thrashers have him listed as out with an upper-body injury.

10:13pm, added another video of the incident below…

Filed in: NHL Teams, Atlanta Thrashers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: freddy+meyer

Comments

cs6687's avatar

As if the Pavelec’s collapse wasn’t scary enough. Hope Meyer is okay.

Posted by cs6687 on 02/04/11 at 12:40 AM ET

Jeebus, that’s twice this season for the Thrashers.  They’ll probably need to do a revisit of their physicals procedures…or something.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 02/04/11 at 12:54 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

Check the arena thoroughly for biological contaminants. Once is a fluke, twice is a small pattern.

I hope Meyer is okay.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 02/04/11 at 09:57 AM ET

I was thinking the same thing… or check out what their trainers are giving these guys and see if it is any different from what other teams are giving to their players.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 02/04/11 at 10:31 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I was watching video of Jiri Fischer yesterday. A bit too much ironic for my tastes. I hope they figure out soon what is going on…

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 02/04/11 at 10:44 AM ET

Performance Parts's avatar

That’s downright scary. You never want to see someone go down like that, and when a player is motionless like that, if you play Hockey it reminds you that at anytime it could be over.

Posted by Performance Parts on 02/04/11 at 05:51 PM ET

I watched that game and it was pretty scary to see. I hope Meyer is fine and can return to the ice as soon as possible. It was a good game other than that one, scary moment.

Posted by Iggy Rules on 02/05/11 at 04:27 AM ET