Video- Colton Orr, Two Minutes For Kneeing

Logan Couture the recipient of the hit did not return and there is no update this morning.

Will the NHL look at this hit?

added 9:26am, via Nick Kypreos tweet,

The #NHL will not discipline #Leafs Colton Orr for kneeing #Sharks Logan Couture. They concluded Orr established position prior to contact.

Filed in: NHL Teams, San Jose Sharks, Toronto Maple Leafs, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: colton+orr, logan+couture

Comments

Evilpens's avatar

Colton Orr is a Worthless hack

Posted by Evilpens on 01/12/11 at 12:08 PM ET

Matt Fry's avatar

So the refs think he deserved to be punished with a penalty but not the league?  Orr is a worthless hack, you’re right.

Posted by Matt Fry from Winnipeg on 01/12/11 at 12:31 PM ET

I hate to admit this since it is Colton Orr, but I didn’t see him extend the knee and he did have position as he was actually trying to throw a shoulder. Sometimes even an idiot can just be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 01/12/11 at 12:40 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I fail to see how that was intentional.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 01/12/11 at 01:29 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

It doesn’t look intentional. Orr moved in the same direction the whole time, shifted his weight to the right to throw a shoulder and got beat to the inside. Couture had his whole weight on the leg that made contact.

They’re both luck that Orr tried to throw a hit or that would have been a direct knee-on-knee rather than knee on lower thigh.

Full speed though, I can see why that would be called a penalty.

Hope Couture is ok.

Posted by Osrt on 01/12/11 at 01:38 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Completely agreed.  Unfortunate for sure, but nothing illegal.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/12/11 at 01:57 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

At the time, watching it live, I thought it was a bad hit.  I hope that Couture is o.k.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 01/12/11 at 02:48 PM ET