Video- Chris Chelios Honored By The Blackhawks

added 11:23pm, from Ansar Khan of Mlive,

There were some cheers, but mostly loud boos, prompting Chelios to remark, “Come on guys, let bygones be bygones. Thank you for the nine great years I spent here.’’

The Chicago native was honored Friday night for his nine seasons with the Blackhawks during Heritage Night, prior to the game against the Detroit Red Wings.

“(The booing) was getting louder and louder, so the only thing I could do was get louder than them,’’ Chelios said. “I had the mike, that’s the advantage.

read on

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: chris+chelios

Comments

Sullyosis's avatar

But they cheered for Jeremy Roenick?

W.

T.

F.

???????

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 12/18/10 at 06:45 AM ET

I’m sure it had nothing to do with that Chelios said in an interview he hated Detroit and would never play for them.

I worry this would happen when the Pens have a Jagr night at the arena.  Time will tell I guess.

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 12/18/10 at 12:39 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Stay classy, Chicago.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 12/18/10 at 12:56 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

That interview happened before Towes and Kane had been drafted, so the people in the stands likely never saw that.

I’ll never understand Chicago fans. I’d call them douchebags, but douchebags have a purpose. To boo a guy for playing for another team after he was traded is pretty crazy.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 12/18/10 at 01:18 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Mick and Kenny on the WIngs broadcast didn’t have very many nice things to say about the conduct of the Chicago crowd last nite either. It was pretty low.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 12/18/10 at 01:39 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Dirtbag Chicago fans.

Period.  90% of them booing had probably never even SEEN Cheli play in the Hawks colors.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 12/21/10 at 11:28 PM ET