Video- Carcillo hit on Fedotenko Tonight

Ruslan Fedotenko was OK after staying on the ice for a bit.  Not penalty to Carcillo.

Filed in: NHL Teams, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: dan+carcillo, ruslan+fedotenko

Comments

Better be at least three games

Posted by bsalamon on 11/04/10 at 11:29 PM ET

Sullyosis's avatar

No penalty?  Seriously?  What is the league doing here?

Blindside + Leaving his lil’ feet = 6 games, in my humble opinion.

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 11/04/10 at 11:55 PM ET

Jeez.

They got Thornton tonight for a blind-side hit tonight in St. Louis on a play a LOT more questionable than this one.  Five and a game for Jumbo Joe.

Posted by nosferatu from Albany, NY on 11/05/10 at 12:05 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

I dunno. From only that angle, it didn’t look like a completely intentional collision to me. I’m willing to revise my opinion with a different video.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 11/05/10 at 12:13 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

He’s a dirty player, a repeat offender and this is a cheap, dirty and suspendible offense. Spin the wheel, Colin!

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 11/05/10 at 12:44 AM ET

Chris from NOHS's avatar

I didn’t see a damn thing wrong with it.  The other guy was falling for God’s sake.  There wasn’t a target of the head and I don’t even think the hit was intentional.

Posted by Chris from NOHS from Columbus, OH/Grand Rapids, MI on 11/05/10 at 04:04 AM ET

edillac's avatar

?

this is bad

Posted by edillac from isolation on 11/05/10 at 07:03 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Wasn’t blind-side either.  I don’t think there should have been a penalty here.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/05/10 at 10:07 AM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

Carcillo leaves his feet - but from that video, it looks like that might be the result of an attempt to pull back from the hit, perhaps realizing that his target was vulnerable.

I’m no fan of Carcillo, but he’s a guy who hits and he’s trying to make a play on the puck carrier here.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 11/05/10 at 10:27 AM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

The only thing I see penalty worthy was that it should have been called a charge for leaving his feet.  This wasn’t a Kronwall type hit in that his momentum caused his feet to leave the ice.

I believe Carcillo jumped into him, perhaps anticipating Fedotenko to be in a higher position that he was.  Regardless, he jumped into him which is charging.

Carcillo is a dirtbag.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where the GM likes his team. on 11/05/10 at 11:34 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

He jumped into the head of a falling guy with his elbow extending. sOUNDS cLEAN tO mE.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 11/05/10 at 11:49 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Ok, yeah, the jump is evident.  Give him two minutes for charging.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/05/10 at 12:23 PM ET

You Sir, make a poor defense.

Carcillo: 3 games just like his little buddy Briere, +1 game for that pencil stache.

Posted by Jesters Dead on 11/05/10 at 01:24 PM ET

awould's avatar

Not as bad as I thought it’d be from hearing talk about it. But still, getting Carcillo off the ice is always good for the NHL.

Posted by awould on 11/05/10 at 02:15 PM ET

Paul's avatar

No further action will be taken against Carcillo.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/05/10 at 02:23 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Hey Paul, do you have video of the Ohlund hit from last night?  I think it was on Brown.  I remember seeing it live, but I was pretty tired at the time.  He definitely boarded him and looked like he immediately recognized that he had screwed up.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 11/05/10 at 02:35 PM ET

Paul's avatar

J.J., I saw the hit last night too and don’t think the NHL will take any action on it.

Also, looked for a vid but could not find one.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/05/10 at 03:11 PM ET