Video- Bad Night For The Bolts

At the time of this post, the Lightning trailed the Penguins 7-0.

Steven Stamkos had a chance to put a dent in the lead when the Penguins were up by five, but ...

Filed in: NHL Teams, Tampa Bay Lightning, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: steven+stamkos

Comments

Zaze's avatar

Yikes

Posted by Zaze on 01/06/11 at 01:34 AM ET

Tony's avatar

I tweeted last night that the Bolts were going to be some tired pups tonight after that exhausting OT win in Washington….

Not surprised the Pens blew them out….

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 01/06/11 at 01:54 AM ET

After bitching like little girls during the Winter Classic and showing the same shameless lack of class as in year past by not shaking hands in the Winter Classic, no wonder they wanted to beat up on the retarded kid in the play ground.  Good for the Pens.  Godspeed.  I hope it works out for them and their fans.  Class all around.  Reminds me of the Pens employee wanker who refused to submit the video replay last year of the Gagne goal or the time that Cindey griped that the hat-trick in Washington was carrying on too long.  So emblematic of that urine dump of a city…

Indefensible.

Again, Indefensible.

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I'm not a local) on 01/06/11 at 01:59 AM ET

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I’m not a local) on 01/05/11 at 10:59 PM ET

After bitching like little girls during the Winter Classic...”
About what? Non-calls they didn’t think should be penalties? Other than that there was not one complaint from the Penguins. Christ, you really bitch like a little girl all the time, don’t you?

“...lack of class as in year past by not shaking hands in the Winter Classic…”
A handshake is for after a playoff series and that’s it, “saluting the fans” is dumb enough. Detroit, Chicago, Boston, and Philadelphia can shake hands all they want.

“...wanted to beat up on the retarded kid in the play ground.”
Classy. Oh, and it makes so much sense, too.

“...Pens employee...”
Not a Penguins employee, FSN Pittsburgh.

Indefensible.
Again, Indefensible. “
Oh yeah, the moral high ground, gotta love it… retard.

Posted by NathanBC on 01/06/11 at 06:22 AM ET

edillac's avatar

nothing against him personally,but as a Tampa player it serves him right,
or is that some new move he is trying

Posted by edillac from isolation on 01/06/11 at 08:03 AM ET

yzer19man's avatar

almost as bad as the Canada loss, but not quite

Posted by yzer19man from Chicago, IL on 01/06/11 at 11:52 AM ET

Tony's avatar

Stamkos drove to the net and banged against the boards, which resulted in the penalty shot…. That looks to be the cause that he lost his edge….

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 01/06/11 at 12:00 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

“The Hockey Gods giveth and the Hockey Gods taketh.”

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 01/06/11 at 01:24 PM ET

Greg's avatar

Leave the Little Pony alone, you cant expect any sensible comments from someone named “Unicorn” can you…

Buffalo and Pittsburgh didnt shake hands either, and after last night, you saw on HBO that the Capitals we’re planning on going over to shake hands so shouldnt be all on the Pens in that sense.

Posted by Greg on 01/06/11 at 01:42 PM ET

Nathan of Belittling Comments…

I never attacked you, but thanks to your comments, I feel mano y mano is about as apposite as I can be, no?

You are the guy I love on this site.  You are so easy to manipulate.  You prove nothing, but write a ton.  And I love that you attack line by line.  Allow me to retort.

1.  After watching 24/7, I saw (visibly and audio evidence) Crosby was bitching like a femme fatale.  I also heard the ref retort to Cooke, “I missed seven?  I’m that bad?”  Sorry, but that is whining (like a little girl - and I don’t, but your lack of evidence is dually noted).  If the ref is going to actually address a Pens tosser, then I think it is PROOF that they were whining.  Now I can argue that the HBO staff, though likely from NYC or LA, is all from WAS and the editing was slanted, but I won’t.  Why?  Because I’m not “retarded”.  Maybe I am.

2.  The handshake was established and Pens broke the tradition.  I also watched the game (did you?) where the Pens started crap with 1.3 seconds left.  Entirely unnecessary on the ultimate spotlight for the sport when the NHL is trying to sell it.  Pens (and Pens fans) just don’t get it.  Maybe I’m wrong.

3.  Brilliant response.  I’m floored.  I guess you are an attorney?  A judge?  A doctor? An idiot savant?  That argument is so convincing I’m trembling writing this in fear of retribution… Dear Jebus, don’t mock my comments again..  Maybe I’m a prick.  Maybe I’m an attorney.  Maybe I’m a doctor, or maybe I’m smarter than you.

4.  I erred.  You got me.  The most intelligent thing you’ve posted.  But what I was trying to convey is that Pens fans’ mentality is one lacking honour or respect.  You’ve proven it here today.  Thank you. (not you Mog, you’re a brilliant man)  All you’ve done is perpetuate the theory - thin skinned, unwilling to accept criticism and generally so spirited that they are no that bright.  My sincerest thanks for succumbing to my point.

5.  A total fallacy.  No proof.  Nothing.  And then the name calling.  Awesome.  Never suspected that a Pens fan would do that!

Maybe I’m an attorney.  Maybe I’m a doctor.  Maybe I’m smarter than you.  Maybe you are a sucker and roped into something you can’t handle.  I don’t know.  And maybe you’ll come back and make my point even more true.  Maybe you’ll mock my handle.  And maybe I created that handle for suckers like you and “Greg” the other mental midget who doesn’t understand the sublties of self-deprecation.  And maybe you’re just a douchebag.  And maybe I’m not a retard.

I’ll leave you to respond as I am chomping at the bit find out what sort of response you have and how it reflects your didactic experiences.  Go for it, Nathan Lane In BC.  Make my day, maybe?

Posted by Unicorn Force from DC (but like everyone here, I'm not a local) on 01/07/11 at 01:21 AM ET