Video- Vinny Prospal With A Reminder For The Wings

Filed in: NHL Teams, Columbus Blue Jackets, Detroit Red Wings, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: vinny+prospal

Comments

HockeyFanOhio's avatar

Prospal may want to double check the Western Conference standings and the Jackets trophy case before he starts talking smack with the Wings.  Last I checked the Jackets were next to last in the Conference and that trophy case is awfully empty of Cups.

Posted by HockeyFanOhio from Central Ohio on 03/09/13 at 06:42 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I wonder if he will have a dance with Mr. Tootoo tomorrow?

Posted by dougie on 03/09/13 at 06:51 PM ET

Chet's avatar

I’m glad he did it. Can only help.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 03/09/13 at 07:02 PM ET

gowings's avatar

WTF????No respect

Posted by gowings from MTL on 03/09/13 at 07:18 PM ET

gowings's avatar

Ok you know what…a second thought…maybe the Wings do deserve that crap…they certainly played like it….if effort was there maybe not…but in my book, this game was FAR from playing a decent game

Posted by gowings from MTL on 03/09/13 at 07:23 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I must admit- that’s pretty funny. Also nice to see Abby has some Malts in him to piss him off enough to do that.

Too bad Abby isn’t all of Malts.

Every season we see this same ebb and flow from the Wings. We think they’re finally pulling it together then they go lay an egg. I have a feeling this is typical for the foreseeable future. Nothing surprises me anymore with these guys. I don’t get too high nor do I get too low.

Yesterday I mentioned trading Fil, White, and a prospect for Bobby Ryan. It would give the Sucks a…more defensively sound winger to replace Ryan, some D-help and obviously a possible Wng-killer in the future for a 30+ goal scorer for Datysuk’s wing. Someone pointed out, correctly perhaps, that we’d be trading for another Franzen. And this is a problem how? It’s a legitimate winger for Datsyuk. It lets Babs leave Z and Brunner (and Franzen I guess) ‘s line alone…

BUT…the Wngs are still without a top-2 D man that they desperately need.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/09/13 at 07:27 PM ET

That’s pretty funny.  Hard to tell if it was uncalled for depending on what Abdelkader said to him.  Game misconduct for that is a little much though.

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 03/09/13 at 07:43 PM ET

It wasn’t a game misconduct, just a 10.

Posted by xcheck28 on 03/09/13 at 08:02 PM ET

Gotta agree with the guys on the clips; he got a penalty for that?  What thin skin we have.

Now, as a coach, I DON’T want my guy doing that.  Reminds of when (yup) Claude Lemieux did something similar to the Quebec Nordiques during the Montreal-Quebec playoff series in 1987.  I recall it happened at Le Colisee, and I think Quebec stormed back to win that game.  Way to go, Claude.  Maybe the first of many boneheaded moves/plays/hits.

Okay, Montreal ended up winning that series (with Brian Hayward in net), but I personally don’t condone it.  But a penalty???

By the way, break up the Blue Jackets. Or ship them East.

Posted by Mick Kern on 03/09/13 at 08:35 PM ET

BrendonR's avatar

Kind of sad really, that this is about as big of a victory they’ll ever have to shove in the Wings’ faces. Might as well let them have it.

Posted by BrendonR on 03/09/13 at 08:41 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

A) I love that Prospal did this. When you’re up 3-0 and someone’s chirping, that’s the right response.

B) The wings deserved the disrespect the way they played. Nothing is given - it is all earned.

C) This ought to be a kick in the ass to play hard next time, and finally break up the 11-13-8 line.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/09/13 at 09:10 PM ET

Posted by xcheck28 on 03/09/13 at 07:02 PM ET

Ah my bad.  Still ridiculous though to get a 10 for that.  If anything, it should add to the Wings fire the next time they play the Jackets.

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 03/09/13 at 10:24 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Exactly pfib, and fyi, they play Sunday afternoon.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/09/13 at 10:26 PM ET

Joe Z.'s avatar

the game misconduct was a joke, as mickey said, “far, far too sensitive we are”., guys punch each other in the face for no reason but telling someone to stfu by pointing to the scoreboard results in a game misconduct. unreal.

Posted by Joe Z. from Austria on 03/09/13 at 11:05 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/09/13 at 08:10 PM ET

yup

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 03/09/13 at 11:20 PM ET

statelouis26's avatar

Mickey was right, the call was weak and the game is too sensitive.  This is pretty funny.  Simple as that.

Posted by statelouis26 from Detroit, MI on 03/09/13 at 11:23 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Vinny Prospal and the Jackets should work on not being a league wide laughing stock and worry a little less about the tough guy histrionics against the Wings.  I realize this amounts to sour grapes at this point, but I get so tired of the Blue Gimmicks.  They don’t have any pride when it comes time to play the other 28 teams in this league, but it’s life or death for them when they play Detroit.  And what makes it a “rivalry” game you ask?  Don’t ask the CBJ brass, because its totally non-contrived and not a ploy to sell tickets to OSU football fans.

I can’t wait to move to the east so teams like Columbus and Nashville have to find someone else to sell their buildings out for them.  It will be nice to play teams that stand on their own two feet and base their rivalries upon what happens on the ice and not upon marketing strategies.

Ok rant over.  I feel better….. sort of.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/10/13 at 10:40 AM ET