Video- Two Minutes For Clipping On Radko Gudas

Eadko Gudas gets 2 for clipping

Wayne Simmonds 2 for unsportsmanlike

The Devils scored 16 seconds into the 5 on 3.

Gudas may be a marked man by the refs.  He has not been the same player since his return from suspension, although he said he would not change his game.

Filed in: NHL Teams, New Jersey Devils, Philadelphia Flyers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: radko+gudas

Comments

DocF's avatar

Absolutely the worst referee in the last 20 years.  O’Rourke is not far from being as bad, though

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 01/21/17 at 10:27 PM ET

I hate taking the side of the flyers, but that was a garbage call.

Posted by SlimChance on 01/21/17 at 11:46 PM ET

Hahahahahaha!!

Love it.

Gudas has absolutely no respect for his opponents. He’s hit to injure, again and again and again….

And he’s gotten off very, very lightly over his career, both from refs and the dept of player safety.

One penalty call that might have been a little harsh?

You make your own career and rep, Radko!

And Simmons at a certain point should worry about getting more than 2 mins for running his mouth and not listening to officials.

He’s one of the game’s best power forwards, no doubt about it.

But he’s also a very dirty player who serially and gratuitously cheap shots opponents in vulnerable spots.

It’s pretty hard to have the slightest sympathy for either of those guys.

Posted by Lefty30 on 01/22/17 at 12:14 AM ET

PDXWing's avatar

What was the rationale for that penalty? Too low? Seemed OK to me, but I don’t see many clipping penalties called, so am unsure on the rules.

Posted by PDXWing on 01/22/17 at 12:55 AM ET

Hockeytown Wax's avatar

I don’t get it.
Seems like 9 out of 10 good old fashioned hip checks are now penalties for something the ref pulls out of his a$$.
The wussification of the NHL continues…

Posted by Hockeytown Wax from West Bloomfield, Mi. on 01/22/17 at 01:42 AM ET

Slumpy's avatar

NHL team in Sin City next season and penalties called for a simple check these days ah yes the new and improved NHL.

Thank you Bettman/Daly Law Firm shut eye

Posted by Slumpy from Under My Wheels on 01/22/17 at 02:43 PM ET

That was a horrible penalty call but I absolutely hate Gudas. He’s my most hated NHL player for all the cheap shots he has made and the minimal punishment he has gotten for those hits.

Simmonds is a beast though. A player I’ve had my eye one for a long time an always hoped the Wings could somehow get him. He plays with and edge and does cross the line a bit from time to time but he plays hard every shift and puts the puck in the net. A great power forward. I’m hoping Giavani Smith will be like this one day.

Posted by evileye on 01/23/17 at 11:50 AM ET