Video- Tom Wilson Catches Jamie Oleksiak With A Right

Oleksiak was wobbly while skating off.

added 8:31pm, longer version is below.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jamie+oleksiak, tom+wilson

Comments

stonehands-78's avatar

>>>BOOM<<<  and ‘oot go the lites’!

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/20/18 at 09:54 AM ET

Honestly, I don’t like Wilson.

Posted by Pasha1277 on 12/20/18 at 10:02 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Not sure that was deserved from what preceded the fight; maybe there was more that led to that in previous games.

Talk about a way to open up a game.  I would love to see a Crosby/Ovie fight.  I would guess 87’s got the reach but I’d put my money on Ovie every day.

Posted by TreKronor on 12/20/18 at 10:17 AM ET

duhduhduh's avatar

Posted by TreKronor on 12/20/18 at 09:17 AM ET

Guessing Ovie has about 30 lbs on Sid.

Posted by duhduhduh on 12/20/18 at 11:10 AM ET

I believe the GM of Pitt called Wilson out for not fighting Olesiak in their last game.

Posted by Them Bones on 12/20/18 at 12:05 PM ET

duhduhduh's avatar

If true, then I think the Pitt GM owes Oleksiak a steak dinner.

Posted by duhduhduh on 12/20/18 at 12:17 PM ET

It was always likely to be Oleksiak—the Penguins’ biggest player—who challenged Wilson for retribution. In fact, Oleksiak repeatedly challenged Wilson to fight in the direct aftermath of the Game 3 hit last spring, a request that was denied by Wilson. Those rejections led Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford to give some strong postgame quotes.

“When Jamie challenged Wilson, he couldn’t run quick enough to get away from him,” Rutherford told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in May. “Until, of course, the referees get in close, then [Wilson] comes back and says something to him.”

Something was said on the broadcast but here is a short recap.  This was following a hit from Wilson that he was suspended for.

Posted by Them Bones on 12/20/18 at 12:25 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Ahhhhh well that makes much more sense then.  I was wondering why he wasted no time in going after Oleksiak.

Posted by TreKronor on 12/20/18 at 12:28 PM ET

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

That was more of an attack than a fight. Wilson got him at a weird angle. Not much he could do to get ready. Would be interesting to see these two go at it when both are actually ready for it. Wilson blows.

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 12/20/18 at 01:55 PM ET

duhduhduh's avatar

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 12/20/18 at 12:55 PM ET

I have a feeling both knew what was coming.  I don’t think you can blame Wilson in this case.

Posted by duhduhduh on 12/20/18 at 02:34 PM ET