Video- Ten Game Suspension For Patrick Kaleta

Brendan Shanahan explains  and says the hit would have been a suspension supplemental discipline for anyone, but harsher suspension for repeat offender Kaleta.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Buffalo Sabres, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: patrick+kaleta

Comments

Paul's avatar

Suspension will cost Kaleta $152,439.00.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/15/13 at 07:03 PM ET

DocF's avatar

Perhaps this suspension may get the word through to Kaleta, but I sort of doubt it.  He has the ability to play at the NHL level without being a goon, but he seems to find it impossible to keep out of this kind trouble.

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 10/15/13 at 07:20 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

I dont understand this..  6 time repeat offender? Why not throw the book on him and suspend him for 20 games or more?

Posted by Zqto on 10/15/13 at 07:28 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

Btw, the new tab bug on submit appears to be fixed!

Posted by Zqto on 10/15/13 at 07:29 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I’m not sure anything is going to get through to Kaleta.  I just hope he doesn’t end somebody’s career.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 10/15/13 at 07:59 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

I’d like to see the team fined 10X whatever the player loses with that money going to the players fund. If Buffalo can’t keep their dog on a leash, they ought to be liable for their dog at large.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 10/15/13 at 09:50 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 10/15/13 at 07:59 PM ET

Like Maxim Lapierre?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 10/15/13 at 10:30 PM ET