Video- Ranting On The Leafs And Phaneuf

The Tim and Sid show on SN590 The Fan had a little bit of a rant about last night's Leafs game and Dion Phaneuf not speaking with the media post-game.

Then, via David Alter tweets,

Phaneuf actually called in to our station to respond to @timandsid. Gotta say that's a smart move by the captain to respond to the criticism

Dion Phaneuf on #timandsid about not talking to the media. Felt he was too emotional to talk and felt bad for not making himself available.

added 3:10pm, Sportsnet just posted the audio with Phaneuf.  Click here, then the picture of Phaneuf and audio should start playing.

added 4:13pm, You can listen/watch below...

Catch Toronto in action, Maple Leafs tickets still available.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Toronto Maple Leafs, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: dion+phaneuf

Comments

Red Winger's avatar

Someone is hoping to be the heir apparent of Grapes

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 03/26/14 at 03:59 PM ET

Was anyone else uncomfortable with the way the dark-haired fella was ranting? I don’t have any issue with what he said, but something about it I didn’t like. Can’t articulate exactly what, though. I wouldn’t listen to that guy if he was on the radio in Detroit.

Posted by VitoLambruski on 03/26/14 at 04:15 PM ET

Slumpy's avatar

Haha the Buds are on pace to set an NHL record for shots allowed. Their goalies are completely shell shocked! Watch Reimer flinch on every shot he faces and Bernier groin is held together with supper glue now.

The Buds got talent on the back end just to many of them are to young or to stupid to know how to play decent in their own end.

Dion is a liability on defense and should be moved to the wing position where he run clowns.

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 03/26/14 at 04:28 PM ET

I just posted in a different thread that I am concerned about our game with Toronto this weekend. They play Philly before us; although it is best if Toronto keeps losing, at the same time, I’d be afraid of a team on a 7 game losing streak as well. What’s better?

Posted by VitoLambruski on 03/26/14 at 04:32 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I am concerned about Saturday’s game, too. Which is why I feel tomorrow against the Habs is absolutely critical.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 03/26/14 at 05:28 PM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

Dear Paul,

I greatly enjoy reading your contributions to Kukla’s Korner and I admire your writing style. However, it is with great regret that I must inform you that I can never forgive you for enticing me to watch that angry ferret. I am noticeably less of a human being after having seen that.

-—alwaysaurie.