Video- Patrick Kane Statement

via Sportsnet,

Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane says he has the utmost respect for the legal process, and is confident that he’ll be absolved of all wrong doing.

added 4:32pm, Wath the  John McDonough statement below...

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: patrick+kane

Comments

d ca's avatar

Not illegal does not equal not wrong.

Hence the problems Kane has been having: 20 cent cab incident, Wisconsin frat parties, Cinco De Mayo, Vancouver Limo, Vegas Awards post show, Hawks victory parade drunkenness, etc

However rape takes it to an another level….and when the victim goes to the hospital and has a rape kit drawn plus files a police report and you, you friends and attorneys start slut shaming before a grand jury indites…where there’s smoke…

The team should stand by their player until the League steps in and says no way too much corporate money is at stake…it’s the League’s time to act…suspend him with pay pending the outcome of a legal process….and before you argue…the employer can always say stay home and accept pay for not working.

Posted by d ca on 09/17/15 at 04:00 PM ET

Paul's avatar

via Renaud Lavoie tweets,

Bill Daly on Patrick Kane “We have been in close contact with the Blackhawks’ organization over the last 7 days and, 1/2

...given the circumstances as they exist now, we are supportive of the organization’s decision. 2/2 -Bill Daly.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/17/15 at 04:40 PM ET

duhduhduh's avatar

“While I have too much respect for the legal process to comment on an ongoing matter, I am confident that once all the facts are brought to light, I will be absolved of having done nothing wrong.”

Word to the lawyers: write it down for him so he doesn’t sound stupid.

Posted by duhduhduh on 09/17/15 at 05:56 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Posted by MoreShoot on 09/17/15 at 05:56 PM ET

I almost spewed coffee on my monitor when I heard that.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 09/17/15 at 07:30 PM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

Does anyone else wonder if Kane went to rehab during the seven weeks or so he has been incommunicado?

Posted by alwaysaurie on 09/18/15 at 02:33 AM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

- Patrick Kane on the video.

Word to the lawyers: write it down for him so he doesn’t sound stupid.

MoreShoot, I’m pretty sure those are the precise words written down by his lawyers for him. They don’t care if there’s evidence of him being inarticulate.

It also seems to imply that he would plead, “NOT GUILTY” if this grand jury leads into his prosecution.

Posted by alwaysaurie on 09/18/15 at 02:49 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

If Kane’s lawyers wrote down the precise words ” I will be absolved of having done nothing wrong.” then that’s a wonderful admission and a terrible misstep by lawyers.

To be absolved of something is to be cleared of something.

To be absolved of having done nothing wrong is to be cleared of the charge that he didn’t do anything wrong.

If those are the precise words written by lawyers then Kane needs to find lawyers who know how to write down “I will be absolved of any wrongdoing.”

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 09/18/15 at 08:07 AM ET